E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wnshie
The tyre shop who sold you the wheels would always "? tyres", that didn't help me last time... pinguhk (19"FJ) is the ONLY lucky one I know who got the Taiwan ones working for him... I wonder why

Just stick to the OEM first, so you don't get yourself into trouble would be my two cents, only do mods that you won't regret later is a wiser choice...

Trust me, you are in no rush and don't mind these devils' temptationS here... I promise I won't tempt you... yet

I disagree.... New wheels is one of the first essential mods. Changes whole look of car. You pay for what you get and i think with cheap taiwan copies, you will end up with more heartache and end up changing them for better quality.

Set realistic budget and buy the best you can afford.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

The tyre shop who sold you the wheels would always "? tyres", that didn't help me last time... pinguhk (19"FJ) is the ONLY lucky one I know who got the Taiwan ones working for him... I wonder why

Just stick to the OEM first, so you don't get yourself into trouble would be my two cents, only do mods that you won't regret later is a wiser choice...

Trust me, you are in no rush and don't mind these devils' temptationS here... I promise I won't tempt you... yet
I dont know why too, same as you i heared so many bad things in HK but in UK and US they are ok so I would say maybe it is 2 out of 10 rims are OK.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by momowing
Hk side, you mean from shek o, Stanley, Wong Lai Chung road, then go to peak??
Yeah...nice and exciting.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I have done 2MD and 2ND on the HK side
I dont know why but I never liked driving on the HK side for MD or ND, maybe the roads are too short.
No...if you start at Chai Wan and go to Cyber Ports, it is a 18KM route.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MMBMW
Yes, there is a car park for more than 10, peak of the Peak.
Yes, I go there almost every month.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MMBMW
Agree, let's have a good plan for it.
How about end of this month (Easter Holiday) for another ND. But not too many cars please, at least we should know the driver then more fun.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i M-Tech body kit

I see. Also thinking about Japanese rims. Any recommendation for 19"? First thing is the look and then $$... Actually I don't quite care about weight or performance...

Thanks!

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I disagree.... New wheels is one of the first essential mods. Changes whole look of car. You pay for what you get and i think with cheap taiwan copies, you will end up with more heartache and end up changing them for better quality.

Set realistic budget and buy the best you can afford.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Members

May be the materials, or production technology is difficult to make that concave.

How to tell real or fake by offset? I just know the oem 17" is et20.

Originally Posted by pinguhk
for our E60 its easy, ask for the offset of the rims and you will know if it is real or fake.
also for concave wheels it is even easyer becasue Taiwan can not make deep concave rims. Dont know why???
even the copy 177 are not that deep compare to the real 1s
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Members

I also know the oem (mine is style 122) is always the optimum choice, but after fitting with the m-tech body kits I think bigger wheels should look better.

Just struggling, seems paying more (a lot) for real one should be safer? Or getting Taiwan one to "feel" about the big wheels first?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by newbie2
How about end of this month (Easter Holiday) for another ND. But not too many cars please, at least we should know the driver then more fun.

Sure Sure, you'll be the pilot....

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum