E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Pingu, Jacky,

Does your LCI's carpet comes with Velcro to keep it in place?
I need to replace mine.
Got some ?? spill on it ... and it's smelly ... don't know how to remove, I've applied Carpet cleaner and wipe it using soap, still no good ...

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Pingu, Jacky,

I need to replace mine.
Got some ?? spill on it ... and it's smelly ... don't know how to remove, I've applied Carpet cleaner and wipe it using soap, still no good ...

Thanks in advance.
my front one comes with a round velcro and the sales give me another set on top of it

and i use folding clips to hold them both together

it is quite a headache which can't find any carpet with velcro on the market
and it is a pain in rainny days

if i were u i may take out the old carpet
peel off the velcro and bind it under the new one

i would go for plastic one if i ruin my current one
Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

Small Tomato, FYI
Cleaning Carpet Stain and Removal Tips Using Household Products

There are many products on the market to help you clean stains. And, there are many ways that you can clean them without chemicals at all. But, the trick is, when you have a spill you need answers and you need them now! Here is a great helpful tool that will provide you with some solutions when it comes to handling carpet stains. We encourage you to come back and use it whenever you need to.

The Options:
These are some of the options to cleaning your carpet that you can use. Later, we will provide a chart that you can reference to help you know which option you should use. Lets get started:

Option A:

Make a solution of one part of white vinegar with one part of water.
Apply to the stain using a spray bottle to saturate.
Allow the stain to sit about ten to fifteen minutes.
Use a sponge to clean in a rubbing motion.
Rinse with warm water.
Brush the pile back into the natural direction is has.
Using layers of white paper towels, place paper towel on top of area, place a book on top of that. Allow to sit like this until it has dried.

Option B:
Ammonia solution: One teaspoon of clear, household type ammonia to a half of a cup of water. This solution can be used in a spray bottle or be applied to the carpet directly. It is important not to wet the carpets backing when apply. After applying solution, use white paper towels to blot. Allow to dry completely.

Option C:
Detergent solution: A detergent solution can be made of hand soap or dish soap. The combination is one quarter of a teaspoon of detergent to one quart of water. Make sure the soap does not contain bleach or lanolin.

Blot the stain with white paper towels to remove as much of the solution as possible.
Apply detergent solution from a spray bottle.
Rub the area.
Blot out the stain and detergent.

Option D:

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol can be purchased at your grocery store or department store.
Apply it by pouring some onto a clean, white towel or other cloth. Paper towels can be used as long as they are white.
Blot until as much as possible until stain is removed.
Be careful. If the stain is small, blot in one direction only so that you do not spread the stain.

Option E:
Often, good old fashioned water can re-hydrate the stain to help with removal. Large spills can be cleaned up with a wet dry vac or a steam cleaner. Dry as thoroughly as possible.

Option F:
Lemon juice can be used to remove some tough stains. To use it:

Store bought lemon juice is fine as long as it does not contain added ingredients.
Using a spray bottle, spray a good amount onto the effected area but do not wet the padding.
Allow to sit up to five or six minutes.
Blot with a paper towel to remove.

To use the chart below, start with the first option listed. Then, Move through the options until the stain has been removed.

Note:
Not all stains can be removed. Some do permanent damage to the carpeting. Also, it is very important that you take the time to know the proper cleaning instructions provided by the carpet manufacturer. Some carpets that are made of natural fibers, such as wool, should not be handled in this way. Some carpets with specific dyes also need special care. If you are not sure, find an inconspicuous area of the carpet then test for colourfastness. If youre still unsure, contact a professional carpet cleaner. Ask them how you should go about removing a stain on your specific carpet.

Types of Carpet Stains
Solution

Ball pen (ink)
Option D, If needed, Option B

Beers and wines
Option A, then Option B (if necessary)

Blood Stains
Option A then followed by Option B, In emergency, a small amount of blood can be removed with the use of the persons saliva.

Chewing Gum
Apply freezing agent and break gum away when hard, then vacuum

Chocolate
Use a knife to remove as much of the chocolate as possible. Do not rub in, but scrape away to keep from spreading. Follow by Option C

Cooking Oil
Option D, If necessary, follow with Option C

Crayola / Crayons
Use a knife to remove as much as possible, then Option D, If not successful do Option C, If not successful do Option E

Egg
Remove as much as possible with knife OR Blotting, then Option B, If not successful do Option C, If not successful do Option E

Floor Wax Stains
Remove as much as possible with Blotting, then Option D, If not successful do Option C, If not successful do Option E

Fruit Juices and other Juices
Do Option E or Option C, Use a steam cleaning machine to pick up large amounts of spill

Gravy Sauce and other sauces
Remove as much as possible with knife, AND through Blotting then, Option D, if not successful do Option C

Grease and Oil
Remove as much as possible with knife, AND through Blotting then, Option D, if not successful do Option C

Ketchup
Remove as much as possible with Blotting then, Option B, if not successful do Option C, if not successful do Option E

Lipstick
Remove as much as possible with blotting, then Option D, Option C, Option E

Milk
Remove as much as possible with blotting, Option D, Option C, then blot again to dry

Mud
Allow mud to dry completely, then remove as much as possible with a knife, then Option C, Option E (if not successful)

Mustard
Remove as much as possible with blotting, then Option B, Option C, Option E. Mustard with tumeric in it is a permanent discoloration of the carpet. It can not be completely removed.

Nail Polish
Remove as much as possible with blotting. Then, use an oil based nail polish remover. Then do Option C, Option E

Paint Stains
Remove as much as possible with blotting, DO NOT Rub. Then Option D, Option C, then blot again to dry

Pet Odor
Remove as much as possible with blotting OR with a Scraper (whichever is needed). Then Option B, if necessary Option C, if necessary Option E

Play Doh
Allow play doh to dry completely if it has been rubbed in, Remove as much as possible with knife, Option D, Option C, Option E

Rust Stain
Do Option F, Option C, Option E, If this does not help, professional help may be needed.

Salad Dressing
Remove as much as possible with blotting, then Option D, Option C, Option E

Spaghetti Sauce Stain
Remove as much as possible with blotting, then Option A OR Option D, if not successful do Option C, then Option E

Tea and Coffee Stains
Remove as much as possible through blotting, then do Option A, then Option C followed by Option E

Urine Stains
Remove as much as possible with blotting, then do Option B, Option C, Option E

Stains From Vomit
Remove as much as possible through blotting, then do Option B, if not successful Option C, if not successful Option E
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Pingu, Jacky,

I need to replace mine.

Thanks in advance.
steam it
Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JackyOr
my front one comes with a round velcro and the sales give me another set on top of it

get the 1s from AK they are the best ricky has them
Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by JackyOr

AK have some in plastic which most of us already used.
Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-med_gallery_14507_1887_206283.jpg
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

Pingu, Jacky,

I need to replace mine.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah my velcro tabs no longer keep my carpet fitted. Need to get new velcro or find better system to hold carpet down.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
AK have some in plastic which most of us already used.
Attachment 112323

Mmm... my preference ist still carpet over plastic mats like the most of you!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Yeah my velcro tabs no longer keep my carpet fitted. Need to get new velcro or find better system to hold carpet down.
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6..._mats_velours/
Check out item 3.
If the carpet cannot be cleaned, I will order one set of carpet, I will order the Velcro as well.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Contributors

http://bmwfans.info/...r_mats_velours/
Check out item 3.
If the carpet cannot be cleaned, I will order one set of carpet, I will order the Velcro as well.
I think BMW are doing a discount for our e60 right now.
check it out

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum