E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by momowing
jacky, if you really want comfort, don't touch on rims, suspension and lowering car. Or you will be just like me that my wife always complain.

I agreed Ricky, sprint booster is just for imporved the acceration response. Sway bar improve the cornering. But both are not affect the comfortability much.

But if you want to change the look to become more aggressive, such as bigger rims, lowering the cars, the ride comfort should be less.

By the way, welcome to join our e60 family,

Keith: i use Re001. I am considering just change back the rear spring to OEM. What do our members think??
I think u should tell ur wife to just get used to it.... It is ur car, u bought her the harrier for her to drive!! If people complain how hard my ride is in my car, then i tell them to take MTR! hahahahah

No, but seriously, i think the main reason for the ride being harsher is because of your wheels... If you change back to OEM springs, then would it be a big difference??? Im not sure...
Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JackyOr
i'm curious what is the difference between the DTC(you know, that button) on and off?
i saw it was only limited part of it's function but not fully off
on - means responsible and sensible driver
off - means the driver on the edge and thinks he/she has better reaction time than the computer

Old 05-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I think u should tell ur wife to just get used to it.... It is ur car, u bought her the harrier for her to drive!! If people complain how hard my ride is in my car, then i tell them to take MTR! hahahahah

No, but seriously, i think the main reason for the ride being harsher is because of your wheels... If you change back to OEM springs, then would it be a big difference??? Im not sure...

yeah, tell her be grateful
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

if change spring I'd suggest u to change all 4 of them, having dynamic of front and rean being different sounds dangerous.

Keith: i use Re001. I am considering just change back the rear spring to OEM. What do our members think??
Old 05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Contributors

wife vs car, usually wife wins (before we hit middle age crisis).

I think u should tell ur wife to just get used to it.... It is ur car, u bought her the harrier for her to drive!!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

jacky, if you really want comfort, don't touch on rims, suspension and lowering car. Or you will be just like me that my wife always complain.

I agreed Ricky, sprint booster is just for imporved the acceration response. Sway bar improve the cornering. But both are not affect the comfortability much.

But if you want to change the look to become more aggressive, such as bigger rims, lowering the cars, the ride comfort should be less.

By the way, welcome to join our e60 family,

You should change both front and rear springs o OEM instead of just the rear in order to balance out.
Should give you slightly less bumpy road feel compared to Eibach, but it wont be the different of day&night.
Are you travelling the "Lung Cheung road" back home everyday?
I went to my mate hse in Kln tong few weeks ago and i feel very bumpy and noisy aswell!!
Probably the worst highway in HK!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

My thought was exactly same as you Mark
Why should we care more and compromise,
life is short and we should play hard while we can.
You can tell your grandson that you got a cool car when you were young, thats how life should be!!

But we are not married and we will never understand i got to say!!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
You can tell your grandson that you got a cool car when you were young, thats how life should be!!

I was given some good advice from a client of mine.... "Dont get married too young. Even if you think you are ready, you are probably not"

he looked like he was about to cry when he told me that... think he regrets getting married! Hahaha
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

I was given some good advice from a client of mine.... "Dont get married too young. Even if you think you are ready, you are probably not"

he looked like he was about to cry when he told me that... think he regrets getting married! Hahaha
well my advice is its ok to get married, its just one of the stages in life but just make sure you REALLY know what you are getting urself into. mind you, these days you dont need to get married to have kids, just get an egg from someone you like and send it to the lab, pay some $ to a surrogate mother, viola.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk

just list out the things you want to do and get them done b4 you lose your freedom.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum