E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I can guarantee that no mechanic or garage or shop can fix the car 100% and have no problems or errors. If you tamper with the car and add bits which are not meant for it then there will be problems that arise. Thats the downside to modding cars... but I am happy with my sound system and glad i have it installed. I love my music and the system I have works well for me!

A lot of the time it is trial and error with mods....
dont forget this is only in HK that not 100% guarantee. al they what is to make money and no after service.
it is very rare with small shops
I bet it is 100% in UK or US.
your young and love music.
when you have kids that's a different story.
most of us like to hear the sound of our engine pushing to 6500rpm+

I dont agree with you on the trial and error with mods.... unless you like to be the white mice and I dont.
I do alot of research before I will buy the stuff, this is what the forum is for.
Like the 3 bars it took me and Keith 2 year before we buy it and it was well worth it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by momowing
after chnage the new Koni FSD+ Eibach, my ride is better in turning but more bumpy.Good for me, but not for my wife. Quite worry about the new rim and thin tyre later.........
like mark say
trial and error
good luck
Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
You are contradicting what you said previously.... you first said remus is shit and you would never buy it, but now ur saying if you had money then you would!!!

I am confused....
what I mean is if I had loads of $$ then I can try out most of the mods and full mod the engines like they have and have less nosie coming out.
but I dont have 20k to mod the engine so it will have to be the pipe to get the extra hp
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Contributors

change all the oils in my stepwgn today and also change the steel brake lins which stop better now.
The car is like new so smooth
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk
all this jibberish shows that you need some therapy....

BMW will have the experience day again at the Repulse Bay hotel, book your test drives now
boys, Capt try out the 535i and the new Z4 man!!!!! loosen up man

get the invite cards (i have spare ones if needed)
I got my invitation card today aswell, tried to fax back the slip few times but no success, seems they turned off the fax machine :thumbsdown:
How you guys applied?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Contributors

so funny its like bumper cars.
you just got to , I hop the 2 driver is band for 2 years and take there test again.
2 prat weaving in and out
http://www.youtube.c...ayer_embedded#!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by momowing
after chnage the new Koni FSD+ Eibach, my ride is better in turning but more bumpy.Good for me, but not for my wife. Quite worry about the new rim and thin tyre later.........
Yes, it is slightly bumpy than the stock, but it is the most comfort setup compared with others.
You have to give up some ride quality for the sport, i am she will get used to it
Old 05-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
i didn't fit them, they were nicely made BUT they were way way too aggressive!!!!
imagine side and rear side skirts sticking 3 inches out, front splitter sticking 5 inches out............ it made my wheels small and needed a quick lowering to look normal.... it was like Capt's car on civic 16inch wheels turning into Derrick's brute of a car at a blink!!

i will have a less aggressive kit put on soon.
i will put up the photos soon anyway of the aggressive kit.
Maybe the a SONG SONG BILL would use it, but i am just SONG Bill right now.........
Less aggressive kit put on soon??!!
Man you are really song song Bill
Cant wait to see your car mate
Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

sounds like you have one of those "i can't afford to mod" panic attacks

but you have 2 real cars and a nice camera.........
no money????? don't give us that shiite Captain, you're the hidden billionaire here!
but it's a

shame you can' get real "men's" wheels, no trial and error needed there!!!!

Remus is a real big company with sound rooms to do R&D, they do racing etc,.granted they have too many items but they are not some Mickey Mouse brand eg. "RIP " brand made in a shed by some bozos from some pipes found in the scrapyard, with "proven power gains" hell , taking off the cats or putting a x pipe will increase the power on any car........but make it illegal with the excessive permanent sound and emmissions.
Remus are legal in normal use (and type testing)and only when hard pressed will the sound be louder than allowed, and they fit perfectly.
For quality of welds, the Arqray are the tops!!!!!! it puts my VATH to shame, though my VATH has a bigger
repetoire of sounds depending on the throttle and gear and temperature(the hotter the more hardcore)

Lets see at our next ND, how about tomorrow night???

Originally Posted by pinguhk
what I mean is if I had loads of $$ then I can try out most of the mods and full mod the engines like they have and have less nosie coming out.
but I dont have 20k to mod the engine so it will have to be the pipe to get the extra hp
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

i was Billy Jean before i met you guys, look what happened to me, i turned into
a badass modding SONG BILL, help!!!!!!

the reverse happened to our Capt, the Capt of old

AC Schnitzer modded bad-ass pose mobile (where people looked around and inside the car)

to..........

AC Schnitzel soft-ass rep-mobile (where people wonder about the wheels)
classic Keith!!!

Capt read your stars, it says "get new wheels soon"

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Less aggressive kit put on soon??!!
Man you are really song song Bill
Cant wait to see your car mate

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum