E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by etchu
how's keith's wonder bars? do they fit DD?
Fitted 2 of 3, front and mid.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Fitted 2 of 3, front and mid.
wah fj pingy, I really admire ur determination after seeing how u dented the exhaust in order to fit the rear wonder bar
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Yes, but the front and middle bars only!

Here is my reviews

My car optioned with Dynamic Drive, so its complete stock set up on the chassis.
If your car has DD (Dynamic Drive), you are only able to fit the front and the middle bars, the rear bar was obstructed by the DD mechanism so no way you can install it.

Performance:
-The whole car feels alot more "solid", you will notice the differences even on straight line.
-More stable when you go over the bump/rough road, the chassis feels more stiffer.
-The car is now more controllable and much less body roll, i live in somewhere near the twisky mountain roads, so its great way to see how these bars perform. It transforms the car! I am not a professional driver, but you will definitely feel the whole car has stiffen up and give you more confident when attacking the corners.

Ride:
-The bars didnt ruin the ride, unlike the sway bars, these ultra racing bars are not attached with your wheels, so on the bumpy rough road, it will not affect the ride quality at all. The only thing i noticed is the car mow feels more solid and the road feedback is so genuine.

Does it worth it?
-Big YES for me!!
-I didnt hope much in the beginning as i think 3 bars will not do much on the handling just like the tower bar i fitted a year ago, but i am wrong! My car feels much more solid and more controllable now, even i only had two bars installed and not all three they suggested.

Cheers
Keith
Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by kcleung
wah fj pingy, I really admire ur determination after seeing how u dented the exhaust in order to fit the rear wonder bar
The wonder bars did give me some Wonder this time! The chassis feel more soild now without ruinning the ride quality!
Sadly they didnt make it for E90, i am sure you guys will love it!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Contributors

I would recommed this mod to anyone!

You are not neccessary to drive fast to feel the benefit!
You can feel the differences even on straight line
The cornering performance increased dramatically
The ride quality wasnt affected
Not too expensive mod but well worth it

Also thanks Capt 16 for helping me out!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Guys, the matte black badge from bimmian has gone up to 20USD + Shipping (Around 13.00USD), should i still go ahead?
And if anyone interested in the matte black badge (e.g 525i, 530i), please put you name down and let me know by today!

cheers
Keith
Old 04-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
The wonder bars did give me some Wonder this time! The chassis feel more soild now without ruinning the ride quality!
Sadly they didnt make it for E90, i am sure you guys will love it!
good review keith-san, am sure can source somewhereelse. sounds like the wonder bars are definitely good value for money.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

just like the trake car need to custom fit to get the best of of it.

The exhaust may loss 1 hp but gane a few sec with the bar
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Yes, but the front and middle bars only!

Here is my reviews

My car optioned with Dynamic Drive, so its complete stock set up on the chassis.
If your car has DD (Dynamic Drive), you are only able to fit the front and the middle bars, the rear bar was obstructed by the DD mechanism so no way you can install it.

Performance:
-The whole car feels alot more "solid", you will notice the differences even on straight line.
-More stable when you go over the bump/rough road, the chassis feels more stiffer.
-The car is now more controllable and much less body roll, i live in somewhere near the twisky mountain roads, so its great way to see how these bars perform. It transforms the car! I am not a professional driver, but you will definitely feel the whole car has stiffen up and give you more confident when attacking the corners.

Ride:
-The bars didnt ruin the ride, unlike the sway bars, these ultra racing bars are not attached with your wheels, so on the bumpy rough road, it will not affect the ride quality at all. The only thing i noticed is the car mow feels more solid and the road feedback is so genuine.

Does it worth it?
-Big YES for me!!
-I didnt hope much in the beginning as i think 3 bars will not do much on the handling just like the tower bar i fitted a year ago, but i am wrong! My car feels much more solid and more controllable now, even i only had two bars installed and not all three they suggested.

Cheers
Keith
congrats and welcome to the bar club
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Contributors

good review keith-san, am sure can source somewhereelse. sounds like the wonder bars are definitely good value for money.
Very well spend indeed
I have heard there are not much room underneath the E90, so finding one will be tough.
Will try to look on intenet later

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum