E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Thanks buddy!

Things are getting worst here, they think the ashes will still be around for the next couple of days or weeks at least!
Which means i will have to stay here endlessly and wait for the reopen.
Its such a waste of time and money as i've already spend 20K to make this trip work and turn up like this :thumbsdown:
I would spend that money on mods

maybe you should get a London taxi home like the guys that got a London taxi to France.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie
I won't know anything about M5, but I would say it takes a fair bit of modding to make our e60 a match on handling when compared with a stock Panamera 4S, at least, that's what I get from that brief test drive I had... would you agree, kc?

I think there are two versions of M5, 2 doors or 4 doors, right? If that's the case, buy 2 doors, from my e93, I know the framework of the 2 doors are really much better than our 4 doors e60 with BMW, I mean, I (e60 530i) used to need to catch up with my wife (e93 323i) when we are on roads with lots of turns! This is when I learnt why convertibles are so much more expensive, we are not just paying for the look, we are also paying for the framework.

That's why, TMS drive is never about power... our inital D is a different story thou
there si only 4 door M5, no 2 door.
The 2 door would be the M6.
I think the old M5 is no match to the Panamera 4S, maybe I hope top gear will test it out soon.
, we will have to wait untill the f10 M5 to compare to the Panamera 4S
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Use this chance to catch that train to Europe then! That would be fun!
+1 get the train back it will take a few days but at lest you will not wast money in London.
also my get home faster.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Contributors

You know what, while I am reading this forum I am also watching news... bad news mate, even the tickets of the train and the Ferry to Paris are pretty much sold out...
yeah they were sold out few days ago.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Hi all

I am a newbie to BMW from HK. Just got the first BMW 2 months. My baby is a 2005 E60 525i. Although second hand but I like her much.

Well, back to my question: When I turned the headlight switch to the "auto" mode, I found that the headlight will NOT turn on and off automatically. It remains switch on even when the outside has beautiful sunshine, no cloud, not cover by any tall building or trees. This is not what I expected; I expect the headlight should turn on automatically when the car entered into some dim/dark area like indoor carpark, driving at night. I also expect it will turn off automatically when I am driving it in daytime, outdoor, in a highway...etc. I asked the garage(not BMW) and the technician said that many E60s' headlight are performing like this and there is no way to fix it.

Is there any friends who can share their experiences and tell me how to fix it?

Many thanks.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by newbie2
Hi all

I am a newbie to BMW from HK. Just got the first BMW 2 months. My baby is a 2005 E60 525i. Although second hand but I like her much.

Well, back to my question: When I turned the headlight switch to the "auto" mode, I found that the headlight will NOT turn on and off automatically. It remains switch on even when the outside has beautiful sunshine, no cloud, not cover by any tall building or trees. This is not what I expected; I expect the headlight should turn on automatically when the car entered into some dim/dark area like indoor carpark, driving at night. I also expect it will turn off automatically when I am driving it in daytime, outdoor, in a highway...etc. I asked the garage(not BMW) and the technician said that many E60s' headlight are performing like this and there is no way to fix it.

Many thanks.
welcome to the family.
sorry to here this well I dont know which garage you went to buy I would not go there again because they are bull $hitting you.
the head light should turn off when in daylight.
I would get it fixed from the seller if you got the car from a 2nd hand shop.
BTW what years is it 2004?
how many km has it done?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Hi all

Many thanks.

Welcome!

My car does the same as urs actually! Even in "auto mode", the lights are always on even in the day time...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Contributors

sorry to hear about the flight delay, enjoy your extended stay in London man, it's better than a lot of other cities in Europe already!

I am stuck in UK due to the volcanic ash, my italy trip was cancelled and they have no idea when it will be reopen!!!Damn it!!

Saw so many nice cars in london tho, Noble, Bentley GTS, F1 722 AMG...etc

I miss HK so much!! I know why you guys hate to live in UK ow, i spend 2 days of calling up BA to get my ticket refund!!
HK is a better city to live, well, better sun shine and air in here though
Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Contributors

photos soon!!!

+1 Tested RS6 last year and its so heavy on the track, cant imagine how it will like on the road!

Guys, as i am stuck in the UK, am going to Merc centre in brooklands to test out their AMGs on track,
thinking the new E63 or C63, will take some pictures if possible!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Hi all

Many thanks.
"Day running light" can turn on and off in the iDrive menu under light-settings.
This thread may help
https://5series.net/forums/index.php...dpost&p=317192

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum