E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by MikeHk
wow...for the money of a GT2 (which I don't have)..I would go for ferrari....a 997 GT2 taxed would be going for over 3 millions...

I looked at a few GT3 RS with my partner and feel that too hard core.....

will keep looking...

cheers,
Mike
GT3RS is designed for track so it certainly feel hard core,
Maybe look for a used F430, classy, confortable and fast

I dont like Ferrari when i was young, cos i think its just a poser car,
but after i see their passion of making cars, i love them more and more
They not only making car impress their customers, they taken it to antoher level, its a technical achievement for car industry.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk
get a Gallardo and ask AK to strip all the
electric stuff and bits off it to make it a Forza AK Leggera corsa a la Mika
Yes, or get a used 997 and strip it off and make it your own GT3 RS
Old 03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

The Ferrari's super high speed is not for a fainted heart, i.e. a possible widow maker before you can truly master it's power.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Contributors

haha Forza AK Leggera corsa a la Mika I like it.

Originally Posted by billhk
get a Gallardo and ask AK to strip all the
electric stuff and bits off it to make it a Forza AK Leggera corsa a la Mika
Old 03-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Contributors

F430 is not a lot more powerful compared to Mike's GTR, I think he just need to get used to the different way of cornering of an MR car instead of F4.

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
The Ferrari's super high speed is not for a fainted heart, i.e. a possible widow maker before you can truly master it's power.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
I think Ferrari never been a difficult car to drive, unlike the old lambos.
Of cos in a small place like in HK, any car more than 300bhp will be useless
Old 03-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by etchu
F430 is not a lot more powerful compared to Mike's GTR, I think he just need to get used to the different way of cornering of an MR car instead of F4.
True, according to Marks frd, GTR feels faster than his 599GTB when cornering, thanks to the 4WD.
But i am sure FR or MR are more fun to drive, it is about the enjoyment and not the speed in Mike's case.

And you can see why i voted my old MRS as the best car i have ever driven,
even those AMGs or RS6 cant match
Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Members

if your goal is to post a really fast lap time and then drive home at night in decent comfort....then the GTR would be the number 1 choice...

I think driving ferrari is not only down to the speed it can achieve, but more importantly is the entire experience, and the heritage behind the whole thing....which no other car company can offer....(perhaps except porsche)

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
GT3RS is designed for track so it certainly feel hard core,
Maybe look for a used F430, classy, confortable and fast

I dont like Ferrari when i was young, cos i think its just a poser car,
but after i see their passion of making cars, i love them more and more
They not only making car impress their customers, they taken it to antoher level, its a technical achievement for car industry.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Members

F430 is in fact slower than the GTR on track...but the GTR despite being very fast, but personally always perfer rwd cars ...

Originally Posted by etchu
Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MikeHk
if your goal is to post a really fast lap time and then drive home at night in decent comfort....then the GTR would be the number 1 choice...

I think driving ferrari is not only down to the speed it can achieve, but more importantly is the entire experience, and the heritage behind the whole thing....which no other car company can offer....(perhaps except porsche)
Agree. Ferrari may not produce the best sport/super car BUT when you buy one, you buy the racing history behind it and everything associatd with the Ferrari brand..... Like Keith said, my friend said the GTR is as fast as his 599, cornered much better than the 599 BUT because it was a Nissan, he could never buy it....

You will always have a smile on your face when you drive a ferrari....and everyone will always stop and look at a ferrari, whether its a 599, enzo or all the classics they have produce!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum