E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
looks like the DD is the same?
http://www.bmw.com/c...namicdrive.html
which part says they are the same?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Better ride than stock?
how does it compare to Eibach prokit?
Cos i thought the prokit is the softest spring available (aftermarket)
Soft isnt always necessarily the best. It feels firmer yet not harsher. I sat in an Eibach Prokit and I didnt like it honestly. The struts also come hand in hand.

My first setup (vogtland springs and stock sports struts):
A nice drop and ride. Drives just like stock and I didnt feel much of a different at all. I noticed it turns better and a tad less body roll but going over bumps, it was very comfortable and felt JUST as it's stock.

My second setup (vogtland springs and Bilstein SP struts):
AMAZING!!! I wanted to get the FSDs but the Bilsteins were on sale and I couldnt refuse the deal! The price was NEAR wholesale. Probably $30 away from wholesale price. Firm ride, takes bumps decently. Drives BETTER than stock. These vogtland springs match the struts perfectly. Ride is definitely not harsh.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Get the vogtland springs. They drive and ride beautiful! I felt like it rides BETTER than stock with my Bilsteins setup.
Bilsteins setup in HK is not good at all, wast of time.
alot of ppl installed it on the E60 and took them off because of the ride and roads in HK that are very ruff
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Contributors

Ricky, i think only Xi model (4WD) has self leveling??
looking at BMW website it looks like your have it too
Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

looking at BMW website it looks like your have it too
Self leveling you mean?? If so, this is the biggest surprise,
Cos i never "really" feel the ride is smooth or sporty
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
which part says they are the same?
I know they not the same.
there is no part say its the same but the photos from BMW looks the same.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...levelling.html
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...amicdrive.html
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-engine_dynamicdrive.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-self_levelling.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Contributors

AMAZING!!! I wanted to get the FSDs but the Bilsteins were on sale and I couldnt refuse the deal! The price was NEAR wholesale. Probably $30 away from wholesale price. Firm ride, takes bumps decently. Drives BETTER than stock. These vogtland springs match the struts perfectly. Ride is definitely not harsh.
lol we have about 3 set of the Bilsteins on the floor in HK you could have got them for a few ks maybe to can buy them off AK and sell them in US
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Contributors

Self leveling you mean?? If so, this is the biggest surprise,
Cos i never "really" feel the ride is smooth or sporty
Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

I know they not the same.
there is no part say its the same but the photos from BMW looks the same.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...levelling.html
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...amicdrive.html
From looking at the 6er, you can see they actually highlighted the rear suspension and the active antiroll bar.
But if DD has self leveling suspension, there must be some electronical parts connected to the rear suspension.
I never heard AK mention that
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Contributors

Soft isnt always necessarily the best. It feels firmer yet not harsher. I sat in an Eibach Prokit and I didnt like it honestly. The struts also come hand in hand.

My first setup (vogtland springs and stock sports struts):
A nice drop and ride. Drives just like stock and I didnt feel much of a different at all. I noticed it turns better and a tad less body roll but going over bumps, it was very comfortable and felt JUST as it's stock.

My second setup (vogtland springs and Bilstein SP struts):
I think the suspension set up is very personal view, i spoke to the other members earlier and we all got the same conclusion. Where you should try out yourself as different people has different standard and cretiria. Also the road conditions are different between the countries. Sounds Vogtland is good choice tho

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum