E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 F10 535i

Originally Posted by dyip99
Guys, i am organizing a karting event, anyone are welcome to join.
I have chosen the 9th of Feb (Tuesday) at 7pm becos it will be less people and we can have our own fun,
however, the date/time can be changed on your request. Please let me know

Venue: Diamond coast Int' kart circuit
Date: 9th Feb (Can be change)
Time: 19.00

Fees: HKD 400.00, includes a training section (examination of the rules) and total of 40mins on the track.

1)Keith84_uk
2)Ar Mo
3)kcleung
4)pinguhk
5)Keith's frds x 3 people
6)Mikehk
7)

Guys, can't make it that night.

Found out got a wedding to attend~
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
You are right, they could take me to the jail for that.
But that was a tricky road, from 70km/h suddently changed to 50km/h, and they just waiting to catch you in the 50km/h zone
Too many speed traps in Hong Kong. I guess I have a clean record! LOL. I dunno why I got a HK driver's license. Should've kept using my international.

Originally Posted by billhk
led lights come with the bi-xenon package, i have both sets, what should i put on?

the project E coupe is on, i'm gonna have the mother of all mods on this little beast

CF rear boot lip+ a bigger one ACs5 style
CF side skirt sidewinder style
CF front L and R splitters F16 style
CF rear diffuser double rectangular or quad exits+carbon vanes

my AMG VI wheels only the rear wheels have arrived, they are out of stock for the front
That's a little too much CF. CF rear diffuser and CF splitters would be nice but side skirts? Anymore pix???

Originally Posted by telegogo
Hi, I am new to BMW family. Got my 523i EAG batch in Dec. Need to learn more from C-hing here.

Thinking of changing the 16" wheel to 18" or 19". Will that consumpt much more fuel and sacify the passenger comfort? Some shops convince me to go for lighting wheel which won't take more fuel than the factory ones. I am not sure about this?

Any good shop recommened for changing wheel and where can I find second hand wheel?

Thanks.
19" would look nice. As long as your wheels arent heavy, you would be fine in fuel consumption. Comfort should be about the same if you have run flat tires. Not sure where to buy wheels in HK.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

I went though some other lcoal forums on cars but no one like this mainly on E60 which is great.

I preapre to spend some money to upgrade my E60 including 1) wheel and tyre 2) bodykit (i have no idea how to start with it) 3) car audio (the exsiting one is far too bad.

I need help from you guys here.

Hi there telegogo!

Looks like you have/will got the modding bug!!!

Capt 16 - you need to learn from telegogo!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Hi, I am new to BMW family. Got my 523i EAG batch in Dec. Need to learn more from C-hing here.

Thinking of changing the 16" wheel to 18" or 19". Will that consumpt much more fuel and sacify the passenger comfort? Some shops convince me to go for lighting wheel which won't take more fuel than the factory ones. I am not sure about this?

Any good shop recommened for changing wheel and where can I find second hand wheel?

Thanks.
The fuel consumption difference is mainly caused by your right leg.
The increased grip will makes you feel the car become slower therefore you would eventually step the gas pedal harder. Some say you will need a sprint booster for a more sensitive gas pdeal.
The original equipped 18" is running on 245/40R18 run flat tyres.
You should check which wheel setup you would like to go with OE parts website like http://bmwfans.info , enter your VIN and search for the right wheel.
I am running on 19" (see my signature) and the mixed fuel consumption is below 13L/100km.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

glad you guys still have the modding spirit.

it won't be over mod'd, as it is a 2 door, it is easier to fit more extreme items on eg.no rear door=a bigger
side skirt splitter, as no-one will step onto it, i already have the cf AMG rear lip(not for general sale yet)
As i have a dark colour, fitting cf would be easy and no need for colour coding

Capt 16" i need your help to design some bits.
Wheels - cross keys the fronts arrive this week or there willbe Millwall style!!

saying that why are we meeting on the 16th? is it something to do with the same size wheels, those Dinky/Corgi
puny,feeble,cretinous,weedy,pussy(sorry abt that one ),pathetic,cute,shopping cart....wheels????

can u take any more Capt 16???
yeah the meet is just design for me
Old 02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Contributors

If you lend him the money with 0% interest, he might change sooner
o yeah I change now if I get it.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Thanks.
welcome to the family
If you change to lighter wheel you will save a fuel not use more
I am getting 19" Bryton GTS R and these are very light for the price.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Thanks.
I tryed to pm you but you will need to post more to use the pm
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Contributors

Welcome to our family telegogo
Changing from 16" with run-flat to 18" without run-flat will not affect the ride quality, but you will feel slightly more bumpy if you go for the 19" due to the lower profile.
Lighter wheels will improve the fuel economy and handling in reality, but it wont be much i expect.

Dont buy wheels for its weight as we are not boy racer, buy it for the looks
keith84_uk 16" do not have RFT
Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Contributors

welcome bud

i was a sober, familyman car guy BEFORE meeting these friends, you will enjoy your car and the process of modding, this is the best BMW forum and also u can meet buddies who drive other makes,
just be prepared to spend some shedloads of money and make some sacrifices in ride height and
..... u will see

Capt 16, even the new babies are already changing to 18inch plus, you will be the old uncle at the next meet,
that good then I will be diffrent and only car with 16"

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum