E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 10:33 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 14 2004, 06:27 PM']
welcome back, wslam .? haven't seen you for a little while.? you have pics for the chinese idrive ?
[snapback]56197[/snapback]
hi! yeah, forgot to come visit! =)
you want photos of the Chinese iDrive? I can take some this weekend. it's really nothing special.
good thing is, the key memory remembers your lang preference. so for example, my key will bring up the english menu, but when my driver drives it, it's in Chinese.
[snapback]56791[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah take some photos if u can, mine only has 3 languages to choose from and none is chinese.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 10:31 AM
Yes! Noise everywhere. I am supersensitive to the tiniest noises. And it's really everywhere. sometimes i think it's from the windows, sometimes from the seats, and sometimes from the head rest.

Also, I hear a low HUM... it's NOT the AC. The AC is actually ok quiet, but this HUM bugs the crap out of me.
[snapback]56789[/snapback]
At least I can help with your window noise. Apparently its so silicone sealant leftover on your window trim that cuz this noise. take it back to the service centre and tell them, they are well aware of this problem. I had it but now its fixed.

No hum in my car but my seat (driver side especially) squeaks badly everywhere. gf388 said his also squeaked, he complained to HK BMW and they changed the seat for him after failing to fix the squeaks. Im going to try this next time I go in for my first service.

Hope this helps

Bunbun,
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 06:10 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 15 2004, 02:34 PM'][quote name='Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 04:20 AM']Btw, does your car interior make alot of "it it" noise?? Mine does.?
[snapback]56398[/snapback]
where does the noise come from? front, back, seats, dash, etc. ?
[snapback]56502[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seems to come from everywhere....lol. Seriously tho, mostly from inside the seat (so definitely not belt buckle rubbing). and lately from the rear (not sure whether it's from the seats or elsewhere).

Bunbun
[snapback]56629[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally Posted by ac388' date='Nov 16 2004, 01:12 AM
Yes, it is time for the extended warranty since I took delivery of the car on 11/26/03.

As for noises on the car, I did find some, but usually they are around the seat, but difficult to nail down the exact spot. It is better to have somebody to ride with you, n locate them, while you drive thru some rocky road.

It sounds like dashboard DVD is not available in Hk yet.

[quote name='Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 08:20 AM']Hi AC388

U have to decide on extended warranty already??? I thought it is when the 2 year about to expire then u decide....hmmm, I need to call my service manager and make sure because I definitely want to buy the extended warranty.? Definitely worth the money if u plan to keep your car for a longer period.?

Btw, does your car interior make alot of "it it" noise?? Mine does.?
[snapback]56724[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 06:31 AM
Yes! Noise everywhere. I am supersensitive to the tiniest noises. And it's really everywhere. sometimes i think it's from the windows, sometimes from the seats, and sometimes from the head rest.

Also, I hear a low HUM... it's NOT the AC. The AC is actually ok quiet, but this HUM bugs the crap out of me.

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Nov 16 2004, 07:22 AM
[quote name='wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 10:31 AM']Yes! Noise everywhere. I am supersensitive to the tiniest noises. And it's really everywhere. sometimes i think it's from the windows, sometimes from the seats, and sometimes from the head rest.

At least I can help with your window noise. Apparently its so silicone sealant leftover on your window trim that cuz this noise. take it back to the service centre and tell them, they are well aware of this problem. I had it but now its fixed.

No hum in my car but my seat (driver side especially) squeaks badly everywhere. gf388 said his also squeaked, he complained to HK BMW and they changed the seat for him after failing to fix the squeaks. Im going to try this next time I go in for my first service.

Hope this helps

Bunbun,
[snapback]56820[/snapback]
[/quote]
if all of you guys have similar problem, why not go down to the dealer at the same time ? i'm sure they HAVE to do something about it .
Old 11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 06:33 AM
welcome back, wslam .? haven't seen you for a little while.? you have pics for the chinese idrive ?
you want photos of the Chinese iDrive? I can take some this weekend. it's really nothing special.
good thing is, the key memory remembers your lang preference. so for example, my key will bring up the english menu, but when my driver drives it, it's in Chinese.
[/quote]
forgot ? this will never happen to me . anyway, pics will be nice. thanks in advance .
Old 11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

[/quote]
forgot ? this will never happen to me . anyway, pics will be nice. thanks in advance .
Old 11-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

[/quote]
Old 11-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

Hey guys check out www.clubzen.com!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

How is the Karaoke scene over there? :winkcool:
Old 11-17-2004, 02:44 AM
Members

You need to nail down the exact spot before you can bring the car in for service, n it is hard to do when you are driving.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 16 2004, 04:35 PM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 06:10 PM'][quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 15 2004, 02:34 PM'][quote name='Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 04:20 AM']Btw, does your car interior make alot of "it it" noise?? Mine does.?
where does the noise come from? front, back, seats, dash, etc. ?
[snapback]56502[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seems to come from everywhere....lol. Seriously tho, mostly from inside the seat (so definitely not belt buckle rubbing). and lately from the rear (not sure whether it's from the seats or elsewhere).

Bunbun
[snapback]56629[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally Posted by ac388' date='Nov 16 2004, 01:12 AM
Yes, it is time for the extended warranty since I took delivery of the car on 11/26/03.

As for noises on the car, I did find some, but usually they are around the seat, but difficult to nail down the exact spot. It is better to have somebody to ride with you, n locate them, while you drive thru some rocky road.

It sounds like dashboard DVD is not available in Hk yet.

[quote name='Bunbun' date='Nov 15 2004, 08:20 AM']Hi AC388

U have to decide on extended warranty already??? I thought it is when the 2 year about to expire then u decide....hmmm, I need to call my service manager and make sure because I definitely want to buy the extended warranty.? Definitely worth the money if u plan to keep your car for a longer period.?

Btw, does your car interior make alot of "it it" noise?? Mine does.?
[snapback]56724[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Nov 16 2004, 07:22 AM
[quote name='wslam' date='Nov 16 2004, 10:31 AM']Yes! Noise everywhere. I am supersensitive to the tiniest noises. And it's really everywhere. sometimes i think it's from the windows, sometimes from the seats, and sometimes from the head rest.

Hope this helps

Bunbun,
[snapback]56820[/snapback]
[/quote]
if all of you guys have similar problem, why not go down to the dealer at the same time ? i'm sure they HAVE to do something about it .
[snapback]56944[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 11-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ac388' date='Nov 17 2004, 01:44 AM
You need to nail down the exact spot before you can bring the car in for service, n it is hard to do when you are driving.
[snapback]57182[/snapback]
i think that's their job. after all, they can't expect all customers are technicians or know a lot about their cars. just tell them noises coming from all over and they have to start the "investigation". it's better to drive with the service advisor or technician. then they know what are you talking about. good luck .

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum