E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray' date='Oct 27 2005, 11:34 AM
Finally, I got a question regarding the stereo connection with Ipod. I know right now there's no integration with Ipod and I don't wanna go through all the hassle to mod it using after market ones. The only option is FM transmitter. Based on my research on-line, the one put up by Kensington seems to be the best (among the bad bunch). Has anyone tried in before?

Sorry for the long post? ?

Cheers
Ray
[snapback]189266[/snapback]
Hey Ray, welcome to the forum, for the stereo connection with Ipod, there is a AUX port option available for the E60. There are no Ipod only kit available for the E60, unlike the E46. :thumbsdown:

This kit is a headphone jack which can be installed inside the grove box or front hand rest compartment. BMWHK had quote HK$2K including parts and labor. Attached is the installation instruction for the AUX port. They will also re-program iDrive to cater for the AUX port. You also need to get a Ipod car charger kit to power your Ipod.

Did you order BMW business or BMW profession audio ? Well, you can play MP3 CD directly when you have BMW profession audio. My colleagues has BMW profession audio on his E90 330i, its really cool to be able to play MP3 CD directly, 700MB per CD x 7 (4.9G of MP3 slightly more then a Nano and Mini )

You can forget about getting the FM transmitter, I bought the Monster FM transmitter, cost me HK$780, well the quality is actually quite good, provided you are in a underground carpark or someplace where you can't pick up any radio signals (only god knows where that is). The problem is not really with the transmitter, its really a problem in HKG where there too many interference and station overlaps

I'm planning to get my installed in a few months later, so I won't get TAXED.

Side tracking to other issue, well don't think tax in HKG is low, when you r working in HK and a car owner you are actually paying close to 30% or higher tax p.a depending on the the car you buy and how often you use it :thumbsdown:

BTW does the 523i you ordered has keyless with start/stop button ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Aux_Port.pdf (600.0 KB, 79 views)
Old 10-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Ray
Members

Dave,

Speaking of options... mine has none other than the standard HK one. At least you got few ext/int ones to choose from. I have none as that's the one they have in the coming month! But I am Ok with the one they had (B on B with Alu trim) so I wasn't complaining.

I don't really fancy on the start/push button, other than the fact it's a new thing for 06 model.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Ray
Members

Hi Sliu_uu,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for ipod info. I didn't know BMWHK will be able to do the AUX thing. If I could remember correctly, I read some posts regarding AUX for new 5 series and seemed they had some problems doing it. But I will definitely check it out from BMWHK (the sales person knew nothing about it).

As my bimmer is only a standard one, I wouldn't bet on the stereo system so no MP3 for me...

As I was told, my car would have the push start button.

Cheers!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ray' date='Oct 27 2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Sliu_uu,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for ipod info. I didn't know BMWHK will be able to do the AUX thing. If I could remember correctly, I read some posts regarding AUX for new 5 series and seemed they had some problems doing it. But I will definitely check it out from BMWHK (the sales person knew nothing about it).

As my bimmer is only a standard one, I wouldn't bet on the stereo system so no MP3 for me...?

As I was told, my car would have the push start button.

Cheers!
[snapback]189369[/snapback]
Hey Ray, ask you service rep, I shown the service rep the AUX Port manual, and he phone me back the next day and gave me the HK$2K quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Ray
Members

Thanks Sliu_uu, I will check it out once I got the car.

Hey, I just noticed that yours is very similar to mine Black on Grey with Aluminum. Also you got the 122, that's the one I wanna get too. May I know where did you get it and approx how much? Thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Ray' date='Oct 27 2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks Sliu_uu, I will check it out once I got the car.

Hey, I just noticed that yours is very similar to mine Black on Grey with Aluminum. Also you got the 122, that's the one I wanna get too. May I know where did you get it and approx how much? Thanks
[snapback]189371[/snapback]
Welcome aboard Ray!!

Hope you had taken delivery of your car when we have the next meet!!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Ray
Members

Hi Mic325,

Thanks and I hope the same too. Nice to meet you here!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:05 PM
[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:41 PM']I think you have to ask before you take delivery of your car, I don't know if it's cheaper that way but as one salesman say if you add before you take deliver, they will charge you the option price plus 85% which is still cheaper than getting it afterward.

Those 16" looks stupid with or without the Kit, but even more ugly with the Kit on so yes change your wheels first.? Try that tire shop that mic recommends if you are looking for OEM rims but you have to do a little search here in the forum.? Or you can go onto car8.com and sometimes shops will have used OEM rims.

I go to U of T but I have a few friends here who also goes to York.?
[snapback]189318[/snapback]
I'm from U of T (Toronto) too! Class of 2003... ^.^ Am I too young/old here?
[snapback]189341[/snapback]
[/quote]

I m from class of 2002, does that mean I am older than you? I couldn't believe you are married already at such a young age. I think the trend in Canada is that people get married real soon because there's nothing to do there. But here in Hong Kong there are just too many activities plus buying a house is a big problem for us youngster, so might stay single for longer than I expected
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:09 PM
Haha...unless your wife is ignorant like mine, she still hasn't notice or said anything about the M-Kit.....

Welcome aboard Ray.? The 122 rim and Dunlop runflats are quite ok IMO.? As to the M-Kit, I strongly recommend gf366's shop.? After seeing it in person, I must say I should have gone there instead and save myself some money? ? for other things, like a SUB WOOFER? ?

Hey hope to see pics of your car soon with the start/stop button.? It'll be the first in this sub forum I think.? We're all envious of your "button" !!! The current key is so 1990's.? hahaha...
[snapback]189343[/snapback]
Hey Bunbun, we've gone two pages without your post, I thought you left us :'( you are our spiritual leader you know so keep posting.

But honestly, I found the start/stop button really interesting the first time I see it, but have to agree with other members that it is an extra step without the comfort access. But hey we all love new thing, but I don't mind the key either the start assist is already a step up from the E39 so can't say is 1990's.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ray' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:24 PM
Nice to meet you BunBun...

My wife WILL definitely notice that if I do something to the car as she is quite into the car thing (she used to drive a Gold GTI in Toronto).

I will bear in mind with the Kit done by Gf366's garage. However, will it affect the warranty coz I think they have to do something with the spotlight.

Also, about the rims, where did you get those? @BMWHK?

Last, I really like the look of yours and hope you don't mind I copy that? ?

I will sure post the pic of the push button once it's arrived.

Just wanna share some info. on my journey to purchase this car. As I said we are in need of a car and really can't wait for it to build from scratch. My wife and I actually checked out MB E280, Audi A6 and the 5. The MB is the first out of the picture as it's so expensive (basic starts at 528K and tons of options, even sunroof!!). The A6 is actually a very nice car and I think they are in promotion now ($458K fully loaded with directive Xenon). We tested both A6 and 523i. Both with good handling and I have to say Audi has a better pickup and acceleration. But for me, the handling is just too loose. It's like driving a toy car. So at the end, we choose the ultimate driving machine and I am sure I won't regret it.? ?
[snapback]189347[/snapback]
If you have time to read through the post you might know how to get the rims, but I don't think you will have the time because the sub-forum has grown substantially because of the promotion of the E60

Here's how you might be able to get your rim:

1. Ask your salesman to see if he have any customer that are changing their wheels upon delivery of their car because some of them drives a 530i and change it to ACS so you might be able to buy it from your salesman (sliu_uu got his that way) but of course the price they charge tends to be higher.

2. Go to that website I have given you sometimes they have those OEM rims for sell but those are hard to come by and you have to wait.

3. See if there will be new forum member that have a 530i and are changing to new rims you might be able to get it from them. FYI Bunbun's 122 are from gf366 who got his O.Z. and my 123 is from AhJai who got his ACS.

4. Go to that shop at Mong Kok as being told by mic they deal directly with BMWHK and they sometimes will get some used OEM rims from them.

BTW MB sucks, no offense glad you choose the E60

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum