E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 15 2005, 11:42 AM
Yes I like the supercharger sound... but I also like their agressive exhaust tone in their AMGs.

Anyone goto Tsim Tsai Tsui often? I just got reimbursed with $75 USD from Cathy Pacific but I have to goto their head quarters in the Peninsula Hotel or take one of their flights to spend it... and I know I wont be going there anytime soon. But I do want to buy one of their 747 model airplanes...? ?? ? ?
[snapback]184474[/snapback]
But if you are not in HK how you spent that $75, plus how big you like that model, if you go for the 200 scale one it will be very big. I have the 744 and the 773 and they look really good. I was thinking of getting the A346 but got no room for it since my house is so small
Old 10-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 15 2005, 02:35 PM
[quote name='chrisfung' date='Oct 15 2005, 02:08 PM']Hello, I am Chris, I also in Hong Kong and driving E60 530i, nice to meet all of you^^
I have a little question want to ask, are there anyone had change the side mirror and M-sport package for M5 look????
Thank you!!!
[snapback]184516[/snapback]
Hi welcome, you just got your new car. Tell us about your ride and what kind of mods you have done, pics is also fine. Congratulation and welcome aboard.

For your information, I haven't changed it, because I like the light under the mirror when we open the door.
[snapback]184519[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion, but my car is fully original car, haha
And I know M5 that mirror also have lights when you opern the door, isn't it ?
Because I have seen some people in the other country which has change it, then the look is OK I feel
Old 10-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by chrisfung' date='Oct 15 2005, 05:19 PM
Because I have seen some people in the other country which has change it, then the look is OK I feel
[snapback]184537[/snapback]
Really that mirror have the light too. As you can see in my signature I got a stock car too so doesn't matter. I like that mirror but doesn't go well with my car becasue my dad prefer the original look so I am going to change the wheel first (OEM) than maybe get the M front that's it. I need those bigger mirrors because you know in HK the space is tight.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

Hello Chris

Welcome aboard As fas as I know on this HK board, two cars have the M aero kit installed (gf366's and mine). You can scroll back to the previous pages to see the photos. As to the M mirrors, I dont think any of us has it yet. Maybe gf366 will be the first to hv them...hehe. I myself dont like the blackened bottom half of the M mirror, I thought it's weird looking.

Hey, post some pics of your car la. Hope you can join our next meeting wor.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Senior Members

AC_S5

How's your car's repair coming along? That second hand car saleman still giving you the run around?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by chrisfung' date='Oct 15 2005, 05:19 PM
[snapback]184537[/snapback]
Hi Chris,

Welcome aboard !! Are you looking for the M5 kit or the M-Tech kit? I am not sure if the M5 kit will fit the regular E60, since the front fender is a little bit wider than the standard E60, and you will lose the foglight if you go with the M5 front. But if you are looking for the M-Tech kit, take a look at Bunbun's and gf366's car, and gf366 have a good deal on it too.

For the M mirrors, I had asked BMWHK before and they quoted me $14680 for parts & installation. It maybe cheaper if you check with other parts vendor.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 15 2005, 07:01 PM
AC_S5

How's your car's repair coming along?? That second hand car saleman still giving you the run around?
[snapback]184548[/snapback]
The police call and pursude me to settle this, I told him that if we can settle it I don't need your help. He ask me why I didn't call the saleman for settlement, what a bunch of crap, the saleman should've call me, he hit my car and want me to be the one to take initiative to settle this . I don't care if he get charge and lose his license, that his problem not mine.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 15 2005, 08:33 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 15 2005, 07:01 PM']AC_S5

How's your car's repair coming along?? That second hand car saleman still giving you the run around?
The police call and pursude me to settle this, I told him that if we can settle it I don't need your help. He ask me why I didn't call the saleman for settlement, what a bunch of crap, the saleman should've call me, he hit my car and want me to be the one to take initiative to settle this . I don't care if he get charge and lose his license, that his problem not mine.
[snapback]184581[/snapback]
[/quote]

See! the damn police are still the same keep telling people to settle. Such lazy fxcks :thumbsdown: If u still hvn't heard from the saleman, it might be a good idea give him a call and tell him if he doesn't settle soon he'll get sued and risk loosing his license. I think he's putting it off hoping you might forget.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:35 AM
[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 15 2005, 08:33 AM'][quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 15 2005, 07:01 PM']AC_S5

[snapback]184581[/snapback]
[/quote]

See! the damn police are still the same keep telling people to settle. Such lazy fxcks :thumbsdown: If u still hvn't heard from the saleman, it might be a good idea give him a call and tell him if he doesn't settle soon he'll get sued and risk loosing his license. I think he's putting it off hoping you might forget.
[snapback]184610[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hell no, I am going to call the police to setup an interview for me, if the police ask I will tell him he didn't call, he have my number, is his business. The saleman probably wouldn't settle now because of face la, damn cocky bastard
Old 10-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 14 2005, 11:39 PM
But if you are not in HK how you spent that $75, plus how big you like that model, if you go for the 200 scale one it will be very big.? I have the 744 and the 773 and they look really good.? I was thinking of getting the A346 but got no room for it since my house is so small
[snapback]184522[/snapback]
I dunno... I tried telling them that.. but that would be "my problem" not theirs... I'm "suppose" to fly Cathy again... so I can spend it. but I know I'm not... so seeing what i can do with the $75...

1:200 model? Ya thats huge! I saw one for $600HKD dont know the size at some shopping mall the really really tall 13 stories one where theres a water fall on top of the LONG escalator... I forget where that was Union Squre? Times Square? *shrugs*

So I figured if I find anyone thats going to fly Cathy I'll ask and see if they can buy me whatever model they can with $75 USD only 747 tho.

P.S. WHY do you want a A346 model? forget Airbus they suck. Boeing all the way!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum