E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

holy shitttt

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

Just thought I would tell you what I experienced after taking out my charcoal filter since people debate whether it makes a difference or not. First, let me just say i drive my car every single day commuting to college about 30 minutes away (Mon-Fri)and my first drive with the filter out was amazing. yeah it didn't feel like a Veyron but the lag time from hitting the gas to take off was definitely improved. As for the deep "throaty" sound, I heard it initially when i took it off and my car was in idle, but after that I couldn't hear the difference. If you haven't taken the filter out yet....I promise you that it's more than worth it especially since it's a 2 minute task.

-Chirag
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by dezenuts
...I promise you that it's more than worth it especially since it's a 2 minute task.

-Chirag
and its free
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dezenuts
Just thought I would tell you what I experienced after taking out my charcoal filter since people debate whether it makes a difference or not. First, let me just say i drive my car every single day commuting to college about 30 minutes away (Mon-Fri)and my first drive with the filter out was amazing. yeah it didn't feel like a Veyron but the lag time from hitting the gas to take off was definitely improved. As for the deep "throaty" sound, I heard it initially when i took it off and my car was in idle, but after that I couldn't hear the difference. If you haven't taken the filter out yet....I promise you that it's more than worth it especially since it's a 2 minute task.

-Chirag
+1 Cheapest (free) and easiest (2min) mod out there. Removed mine 2 years ago and also felt the slight difference in my 545...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

No error msgs? I hear somewhere that it triggers something

I know what I will be doing tomorrow!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I have to re charge my K&N air filter soon, so ill be popping my charcoal filter back in for a week or two. Doesn't hurt putting it back in to avoid having any oil sucked into the MAS and messing it up.

But I really didn't notice anything when I took it out. Felt/ sounded the same to me.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by jaycal3
No error msgs? I hear somewhere that it triggers something[img]
No error message.

In fact - someone told me that the charcoal filters are excluded for the European delivery models. Members in Europe - Please chime in? - I could be wrong.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

Originally Posted by jaycal3
No error msgs? I hear somewhere that it triggers something

I know what I will be doing tomorrow!
my pet peeve are those annoying error messages, but there are none so no need to worry
Old 03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by leese8080
No error message.

In fact - someone told me that the charcoal filters are excluded for the European delivery models. Members in Europe - Please chime in? - I could be wrong.
yes european cars don't have this filter
Old 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60oholic
I have to re charge my K&N air filter soon, so ill be popping my charcoal filter back in for a week or two. Doesn't hurt putting it back in to avoid having any oil sucked into the MAS and messing it up.

But I really didn't notice anything when I took it out. Felt/ sounded the same to me.
what do you mean 'recharge'? and why don't you put in the orange paper filter in instead of the charcoal filter?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

so let me get this straight you just complete took out the air filter and did not replace it with anything and left the box empty?

Quick Reply: holy shitttt