E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Any updates or pics? sorry to hear about that man...It happened to me years back, but they caught the dude down the road...I heard a huge bang the looked outside and my car was jacked up...Called the police and they found this druk a** dude with a wrecked car that matched my accident scene...Anywayz good luck man..
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='785553' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the support, guys! Makes me feel so much better knowing that at least there are people who sympothise! These days, people look at me standing on the street next to a wrecked Bimmer and I swear, like 60% - shit, probably more like 90%!!! - of them are fu**ing happy to watch my face, sad and desparate! Maybe its just Brooklyn people, but I've noticed it many times tonight while I was waiting for the cops - the only people that felt my pain were other BMW owners passing by... and even some of those were like "at least its not my Bimmer"...

Freggin haters!!! It's sad but true. Many take joy when they see a wrecked BMW or other high-end car smashed. It's like their saying 'that's what you get for working your ass off'. I hope everything gets resolved swiftly for you. If you are fully insured, don't be afraid to use it. Insurance is for times like this - protecting you from the unexpected. Keep us posted man.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

That sucks my friend. For a car guy, it's just the worst feeling of violation. Hang in there, chin up, and you'll have your baby back in top shape in no time. GL.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

sorry to hear that man i hope everything gets resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible... i had this happen to be recently nd i was lucky eoungh to be in the car so the guy paided for everything
Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hey y'all! Finally uploaded the pics. Read 'em and weep

HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w-img_0058.jpg
HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w-img_0061.jpg
HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w-img_0057.jpg

First tow truck that came to pick up the car had a flat bed, but he also had a Q7 in it. So I'm like "dude, how are you gonna fit two awd cars in the bed?" The idiot tried to tell me that you can tow my car on two front wheels! The balls on some people. Called his boss, he's like "sir, it is our responsibility if anything happens to the car" - yeah, how am I ever gonna collect if you fuck it up???!!! So I told them to go away. So pissed. But finally found another guy with a flat bed and he came and took the car to the shop. It was scary, cuz the car wouldn't go straight and it got on the truck sort of sideways. All along, I was standing beside this whole circus and like "its gonna fall, oh shit, its gonna fall"... but all's well that ends well, and this is the end of part one, I suppose - the police report is next. Hopefully, they'll have a surprise for me in the form of an original report of when my car actually got hit (and I can claim damages against the guy that hit me, as opposed to my insurance).

2004E60Beemer Maaaan! You're sooooo lucky there!!! Hope I get lucky too. ;-)
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

BTW I'm seriously considering adding an Umnitza M-tech replica kit to the car, now that it will have to be painted anyway. I think, it will cost me a few extra hundred over just fixing/replacing the OEM parts, but I love the M-tech so much, that it's definitely worth it. Few questions in this regard to those of you who have experience with it:

1. PolyPropylene is said to be a non-toxic material, but are there any potential drawbacks to it? Is there any special painting process that is required for it?

2. Fitment. From what I understand, there are a couple of extra pieces that I'll have to get when I buy the Umnitza kit - brake ducts, I think - maybe smth else? Any issues there?

3. I'm not really planning to lower my car - definitely not rightaway, nor am I planning on up-sizing my rims, so do you guys think it might end up looking bootleg? If I do decide to lower, I have an Xi, and I'd like to lower it to the stock M5 height - how many inches is that front/back? Anyone done this - lower to the stock M5 height?

Thanks to all for the support! Seriously, this forum is really helping me get through this thing without losing it.

PS Why is it that in this day and age competent and able people are so hard to find?