E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)
Question

Ok, so its messed up when you get into an accident, but when you're driving you can at least blame someone - the few accidents that I have been in, I've always blamed myself regardless of who was at fault and became a better driver for it. So, now that I've gone more than 5 years without any accidents, or tickets - you'd think your ride is pretty safe... NOOOOOT!!! Parked it on the street right before the snow storm and this morning, I came out to get the snow and ice of the car only to find out that my car's been, well, raped. I can't find a better word.

List of damages that are obvious to the naked eye (I haven't taken it to the shop yet, bc its not driveable):

Rear Bumper,
rear quarter panel (left)
rear wheel
rear left control arm(s) and axle (hard to tell what else, but the rear wheel is at an about 20 degree angle to the car now, so I'm assuming there is some suspension damage there)
left tail light
left rear door
driver's side mirror
assorted scuffs and scrapes along the side

Need I say that I'm devastated? I'm the kind of guy who can be depressed for week over a ding on a bumper, but this... this just devastates me. And the worst thing - not a friggin' note, no info on who hit it - NOTHING!!! I certainly hope that I can find the perp somehow - so far, two possibilities: 1. If I'm really lucky, there was a police report which listed my plates (then I just file a claim with his/her insurance company, or 2. I go around the neighborhood asking people for security camera footages, hoping to find somewhere the accident and the perp's plate... if those don't work, I'll have to claim it with my insurance and hope they'll cover everything...

in conclusion, I have but one thing to say: MOTHER**CKERS!!!!!!!!

PS I'll take some pics tomorrow, when its light out and post them - maybe someone on this forum saw something (slim chance, I know, but hey - you never know)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Contributors

Damn, I am really sorry to hear that. I just saw a Progressive commercial where this happened to someones Accord - I would panic if I saw this, it has to be a violating feeling. I really hope someone has footage or witnessed this. Once bad thing about having a nice car is people who might be tempted to run, will have no doubt when facing repair bills of this caliber.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

really sorry to hear about that man
Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='785548' date='Feb 5 2009, 01:21 AM
Damn, I am really sorry to hear that. I just saw a Progressive commercial where this happened to someones Accord - I would panic if I saw this, it has to be a violating feeling. I really hope someone has footage or witnessed this. Once bad thing about having a nice car is people who might be tempted to run, will have no doubt when facing repair bills of this caliber.
Yep! I am pretty sure the guy ran, because there was no note or anything. I think if there actually were police at the scene, they would have attempted to leave a note on the windshield or something...

This kind of crap makes me wanna move to Cali, man!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='785549' date='Feb 5 2009, 01:21 AM
really sorry to hear about that man

Thanks for the support, guys! Makes me feel so much better knowing that at least there are people who sympothise! These days, people look at me standing on the street next to a wrecked Bimmer and I swear, like 60% - shit, probably more like 90%!!! - of them are fu**ing happy to watch my face, sad and desparate! Maybe its just Brooklyn people, but I've noticed it many times tonight while I was waiting for the cops - the only people that felt my pain were other BMW owners passing by... and even some of those were like "at least its not my Bimmer"...
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch that sucks. What did it look like happened? Did they lost control in the snow and slid into your car? or just misjudged the distance and side swipped it?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='785555' date='Feb 5 2009, 01:29 AM
Ouch that sucks. What did it look like happened? Did they lost control in the snow and slid into your car? or just misjudged the distance and side swipped it?

From the looks of it, either there was a huge accident and my car was simply the collateral damage, or - the more likely scenario - some idiot tried to make a U-turn (which is illegal on my block, btw), lost control on snow or ice and just hit it at almost a 90 degree angle.

I did find a piece of a Lincoln Town Car tail light next to the scene, so that leads me to believe that there was more than one car involved, which gives me hope that there is actually a police report and I can easily find out who's responsible from my precinct. But as you might know, I can't ask for the cross-reference check on my plate until they have my report ready, so I'll have to wait 48 hours to find that out.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Contributors

IS THERE ANYONE FROM SHEEPSHEAD BAY AREA OF BROOKLYN ON HERE? MAYBE SOMEONE SAW SOMETHING? My car was parked on Ocean Avenue bet Avenues W and X. It happened sometime between Tuesday morning and wednesday morning.

I wonder what the repair bill will come out to... and whether it will make sense to get an m-tech kit, while the car's being worked on anyway... anyone has anything to say against Umnitza's M-Tech reps? Painting issues? Cracks?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

sorry to hear that
I know how you feel.
I was free from accidents for over 6 yeas too until last year, I had a little accidents in my Honda stepwgn
Old 02-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain, man. Have you looked into the possibility that your damage was caused by a snow plow? It happens more often than you think. Good luck and I hope you get your baby in showroom conditions soon.

Quick Reply: HOLY *&^%!!!! Some (*&%%* hit my car when it w