E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hola, new owner here

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm also in dallas. i used a place in garland for tinting and i cannot remember them for the life of me. it was $200 for 20% all the way around. let me know if you want more info and i'll search for the receipt.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Even though I like the design of 138 wheels you have right now and I had them for few years.. I suggest changing them to 18" or 19" in the best case ///M OEM wheels and the best tires you can buy. It will transform the ride experience from A to Z. 138 wheels are nice but very heavy. Getting anything over 20" is not wise unless you are crazy like most of the forum members and therefore you got good reasons to do so
Get 18" type 135 wheels they will suit your car just fine and you will be pleasantly surprised by how it feels behind the wheel
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

congrats on ur purchase. I replied ur PM and answered all #s.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Contributors

Wow, I actually learned a lot from your post and the answers to it.

Welcome to the forums! I'm excited to see how your car will look in the next few months
Old 08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

I forgot! Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new car! it is very nice and will be even nicer with your fast learning skills
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by burritoboy9984
Any pics from further back? Would like to see them together if possible

1a. Is there a DIY for taking apart the casing? I assume I could manage this, but don't want to start it, and then realize I don't have everything needed

1b. As far as the lights on their way out, I just went in the garage and turned on the AE's and both lit up. So idk...

Thanks for all the warm welcome and quick replies guys!

-Erik
Ahahaha... it's not so much of a DIY as more of if you have the balls to do it. Basically you have to cut open or solder the headlights open. We recommend cutting using an oscillating tool. Cutting it is probably the easy part compared to sealing it properly to ensure no condensation. If you think you might want to venture this route, maybe I can dig up some (horrifying) pics for you to give you an idea what you need to do.

That's odd, do you recall what you had set the light setting to when you took the pics in this thread?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Contributors

I'd like to add that I recently ordered lights from Brabus. I'm still waiting on them as it's only been a day but I can assure you he'll answer all your questions and is incredibly patient even when you ask things totally irrelevant to lighting, or um... fail at sending money on paypal properly the first time... not that it happened to me or anything.

Really a great guy, amazing experience so far.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Members

Ok, one more question. I noticed in the service menu it said I had an oil change due in 11000 miles. The previous owner told me it was changed in April. Is that correct? Do these cars have some special oil/filter I don't know about to last that long?

Thanks!
-Erik
Old 08-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by burritoboy9984
Ok, one more question. I noticed in the service menu it said I had an oil change due in 11000 miles. The previous owner told me it was changed in April. Is that correct? Do these cars have some special oil/filter I don't know about to last that long?

Thanks!
-Erik

That is BMW scheduled maintenance interval - 15K miles. You can choose to adhere to that interval, most here don't. I change my oil around every 7k miles, just to keep up with it
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Members

Ok guys, I need opinions on what to do with the rear bumper inserts.

1) Leave the black ones.
2) Get red reflectors (I will probably end up tinting the red in the rear tail lights, so this would get tinted as well).
3) Paint matched ones.

What do you think?

-Erik

Quick Reply: Hola, new owner here