E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Highway Patrol...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by HaroutK' post='894713' date='May 30 2009, 03:21 AM
Hello all,

Well, at 9 o clock PM tonight, I was following a toyota camry in the fast lane, going 80mph on the 118 westbound past balboa st and there was a toyota prius behind me, keeping up, the officer came by, cut off the prius and pulled me over.

when he came up to the car, he's like "oh another teenager driving a BMW..ugh..you were speeding..blah blah blah"

this is my 3rd violation, first one was a hit n run(2 points) stop sign(traffic school, 5 months ago) and now this..

been driving for 2 years..what's going to happen!!?? and how do i get out of this
money is really not a hassle btw

80 in a 65 btw
Sorry no license to drive for you...... This is why your in this predicament because money is not an issue. It's not about money but responsibility. Honestly I don't think you'll loose your license just YET but your insurance is going to sky rocket.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Members

Sorry, any sympathy I might have had stopped when you mentioned the "hit n run". The last thing our roads need are cowards who leave the scene of an accident. And don't give me any ageism BS, I'm 27, and I don't care if you were 16 or 50, there's no excuse. Consider this karma for not having your license taken away earlier.

Originally Posted by HaroutK' post='894713' date='May 30 2009, 12:21 AM
Hello all,

Well, at 9 o clock PM tonight, I was following a toyota camry in the fast lane, going 80mph on the 118 westbound past balboa st and there was a toyota prius behind me, keeping up, the officer came by, cut off the prius and pulled me over.

when he came up to the car, he's like "oh another teenager driving a BMW..ugh..you were speeding..blah blah blah"

this is my 3rd violation, first one was a hit n run(2 points) stop sign(traffic school, 5 months ago) and now this..

been driving for 2 years..what's going to happen!!?? and how do i get out of this
money is really not a hassle btw

80 in a 65 btw
Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Harout, some of my really good friends are Armenian - they don't run after hittin', bro. Nor after being hit, but that's a whole 'nother story - something tells me you know about that.

I hear ya on the whole "nobody knows what you've been through" thing, I hear ya. But hear me, bro: there's no magic in this world. Sometimes, it gets rough and you gotta man up - that's just life.

In your situation, your hit and run will mess you up for sure - get a lawyer. I'd recommend you get a good one - not one of those that you see hanging around the traffic courts hoping to catch a client. You need a good one, especially, since you can afford one.

Beyond that, just explain to the lawyer that you have priors, that you don't wanna lose your license, etc etc etc. Tell him everything straight up and ask him to help you. Sometimes, manning up means you gotta ask for help. Going into that court alone would definitely be getting f*cked in your case, so in this case you need someone to help you out. Some lawyers are really good at getting everything reduced to a fine.

And in the future, when you drive, keep in mind that losing your head on the road can easily equal reprecutions. Not trying to school you, or anything - just been down that road, seen others disappear there, don't wanna see another young one go down the same path of mistakes. But we all make them, we all f*ck up - that's how you learn. You had some serious f*ck ups, apparently (I mean, driving-wise), so you prolly learned hard lessons outta that. Put it this way: if you didn't, those comments about mom and pap paying for your lifestyle had at least some merit... and shit, if you understand everything I just said and even read this far, you're way ahead of where I was in my teens, so good luck to ya and hang in there
Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

I find it hard to sympathise with anyone who can hit and run sorry..............I hope you have learnt a valuable lesson from that one at least.

re: your speeding, if you have learnt your lesson from the above you should also now be more willing to stand up like a man and take it on the chin buddy, its part of the risk of breaking the rules, no matter how much those rules suck.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Sport Package, Titanium Gray II Metallic, Wheel Style 124

Unsafe Driver Consequences

What happens to really bad drivers?
Your record goes into an automated system that tracks all traffic violations and accidents. You will be sent warning letters automatically when DMV receives notices from a court. If you don't improve your driving habits, you will be put on probation, and your license may be suspended or revoked. Here is what happens:

There are four levels of action DMV takes for unsafe drivers:

Level 1: Warning Letter

You will receive this warning letter if you have:

2 points on your driver record within 12 months
4 points on your driver record within 24 months
6 points on your driver record within 36 months
been convicted of a major traffic offense

Level 2: Notice of Intent to Suspend

You will receive this warning letter if you have:

3 points on your driver record within 12 months
5 points on your driver record within 24 months
7 points on your driver record within 36 months
been convicted of a major traffic offense
This warning letter tells you that you need to correct your poor driving habits and attitudes immediately. If you receive any more points, your driving privilege will be suspended.

Level 3: Probation/Suspension

Your driving privilege will be suspended for 6 months and you will be on probation for one year if you have:

4 points on your driver record within 12 months
6 points on your driver record within 24 months
8 points on your driver record within 36 months
Don't say we didn't warn you. DMV gave you a chance to drive smart and drive safe with the previous warning letters. If you get this letter, apparently you are not responsible enough to be driving and your driving privilege is suspended.

You will also get an additional 6-month suspension and your probation will be extended for one year if you:

get another traffic ticket, or
are involved in an accident, no matter who is at fault

Level 4: Violation of Probation

Your driving privilege will be automatically suspended and a Violation of Probation Order will be sent to you if you violate your probation. What is a probation violation? If you:

Get a ticket or have an accident during the time you are suspended
Get a one- or two-point ticket or are responsible for an accident while you are on probation
Fail to appear or don't pay a traffic fine while you are on probation
Are under 18 years of age and violated your provisional license probation by:
? Being responsible for an accident, or
? Not paying a traffic fine, or
? Not paying a traffic fine, or
? Having any other traffic citation.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Contributors

Hey guys, Just go easy on him.

"you still have much to learn grasshopper"

Yes, a hit n run is pretty bad and unethical and un-thinkable, but now he knows and learned from his own fuck ups(after all, he's just human). He may say money is no hassle, but when he renews his inssurance, he ll have second thoughts plus the ticket plus the points, etc...

He'll learn even more when he gets hit and the guy runs.

I guess when he was 16 and did it, he just didnt want to hear his father say" I TOLD YOU you werent mature enough to drive, I TOLD YOU SO" and get his car taken from him. Afterall, driving at 16 is every teenager's dream, you guys remember when you were his age how you were looking forward on taking that car for a spin around the block.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

well, we've all shown our hearts to the kid - let's see what happens now...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='894807' date='May 30 2009, 09:52 AM
ask mommy and daddy to bail you out.

+1

Hopefully you'll lose your license for a while and be severely inconvenienced. It seems thats the only way YOU will learn responsibility since money isnt an issue.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='896557' date='Jun 1 2009, 09:04 AM
+1

Hopefully you'll lose your license for a while and be severely inconvenienced. It seems thats the only way YOU will learn responsibility since money isnt an issue.
+1.

I don't mean to be a hardass but I have to agree with Pole. The OP, by his own candid admission, is engaging in a pattern of dangerous driving behavior that, if unchecked, could get himself or others killed.

Sometimes tough punishment is the only way to snap someone out of a pattern of self-destructive behavior.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='896567' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:32 PM
+1.

I don't mean to be a hardass but I have to agree with Pole. The OP, by his own candid admission, is engaging in a pattern of dangerous driving behavior that, if unchecked, could get himself or others killed.

Sometimes tough punishment is the only way to snap someone out of a pattern of self-destructive behavior.
+1 .... look what happened to Hulk Hogan's son. It's not a good path.

Oh and Craig, these are for you:

Quick Reply: Highway Patrol...