E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

High Gloss Shadow Line On LCI M Sports (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:25 AM
TC.
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

A warning to those who have or are in the process of purchasing an LCI M Sport in the UK. The new brochure, public and dealer car configurators state that High Gloss Shadow line is now a part of the M Sport package on LCI cars. Mine arrived without it and I also looked at two others that also didn't have it. The dealer confirmed the spec expectation and registered this with BMW UK - I am also in the process of taking this up with BM UK. They also confirmed that you can not physically spec High Gloss shadow as an option on an M Sport any longer. Will report back.......
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Members

That is NOT true.

I specced my LCI 535d with High Gloss Shadow line, but questioned why it was ?0.00 on the order. I was told it was standard. IN fact, this appeared NOT to be the case when I tried to spec up a car on the BMW UK website. There it appeared as a cost option. I contacted BMW UK about this and they told me that it was now standard too - my dealer confirmed this.

Speak to BMW customer services!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jonathanm1966' post='407098' date='Mar 26 2007, 04:10 PM
That is NOT true.

I specced my LCI 535d with High Gloss Shadow line, but questioned why it was ?0.00 on the order. I was told it was standard. IN fact, this appeared NOT to be the case when I tried to spec up a car on the BMW UK website. There it appeared as a cost option. I contacted BMW UK about this and they told me that it was now standard too - my dealer confirmed this.

Remember this thread is about MSport.

The UK configurator does not allow me to specify High Gloss Shadowline for MSport ("This selection cannot be made with your current configuration").

ABC
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Members

I have the answer!

I spoke to BMW UK today. They said that on 14th February a bulletin was sent to all dealers telling them that ALL cars built in March 2007 would NOT have High Gloss because of a problem in the factory. This info should have been passed on to the likes of you and me. Mmm...

The person I spoke to said that we would be getting "...De-chroming free instead". I told her this was nonsense as the car is de-chromed as part of the M Sport package anyway. This is more than a little irritating, especially given the 4.2% price increase - we are paying more for less!

The lady I spoke to said that the dealer should have asked if I wanted to delay build until April. She said that the dealer should offer something as a goodwill gesture - if not get back to them and they would offer something - don't hold your breath.

I am going to ask for the chrome pedals and the first service - any better ideas?

Best wishes...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

We don't even get the High Gloss period in the US unless it is on an M5!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jonathanm1966' post='407185' date='Mar 26 2007, 07:36 PM
I am going to ask for the chrome pedals and the first service - any better ideas?
Should that be de-chromed pedals?

ABC
Old 03-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Thanks for the pointer on that one. I have just checked my order paperwork and it confirms High Gloss Shadowline as a zero cost option on the order as part of the M Sports pack.

Any suggestions as to the 'amount' of good will gesture one should expect?

Fatlab
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fatlab' post='407278' date='Mar 26 2007, 10:45 PM
Any suggestions as to the 'amount' of good will gesture one should expect?
Never expect. You'll be disappointed.

Negotiate. On your terms. Hard.

ABC
Old 03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407281' date='Mar 26 2007, 10:47 PM
Never expect. You'll be disappointed.

Negotiate. On your terms. Hard.

ABC
I've just looked at the old price list (pre-LCI) and it show High Gloss Shadow Line as a ?135 option on M Sports and ?285 option on SE's.

I must admit I'm a bit pissed off at this as I ordered Carbon Black thinking the HGSL would work well with it.

Any thoughts on whether it can be dealer retro-fitted?

Fatlab
Old 03-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Members

I'm really hacked off about this.

All you can do is yell and make sure you get something from them that you want as compensation. As I said - I want the chrome pedals (about ?90) and the first service free - at least. I have told my dealer that I want ?200 of freebies!

Of course, none of this is actually the point. You order something because you think it will make the cat look better, and if you don't get it you feel as though somehow, in a small way, the 'New Car Experience' has been soured. This is made worse by the fact that ALL new cars from April will have this.

I think this means that we are entitled to much more than the actual value of the option.

My dealer is going to get back to me on this - but it really is BMW's job to inform us of this problem so that we can opt to wait until April.

It is like being told that the factory ran out of black paint and so your car has been painted white instead. You wouldn't stand for that would you?

Good luck though - I will let you know the outcome of my negotiations.

Quick Reply: High Gloss Shadow Line On LCI M Sports (UK)