E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 02:23 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60
Question High Beams

Hello.

I Have an E60 2006 Pre-FL with adaptive headlights and xenons. My question is does pre-fl have Xenon high beams ? i know when you pull the leaver towards me its flash to pass, but if i push the lever away from me, Here is the question does it have to be Xenon High beams i've read some info on other forums
Old 09-26-2019, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I think you mean pre-LCI. Yes, with Xenons, when you push the stalk away from you, it puts on the high beams. A blue light should also appear on the dash indicating that the high beams are on.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:02 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

The xenon low beam and high beam are the same bulb. If you push the stalk away from you, a flap in the xenon bulb housing lifts up for the high beam.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:32 AM
New Members

Okey very intresting, my flash to pass halogen bulbs stay lit, and i see no change in the front lights, i assume it should be Blueish color if on high beams but its just halogen yellow lighting. I have acces to Ista-D, inpa , ncsexpert .anything coded out maybe? previous owner had also disabled the Orange "eyebrows" on the front lights. i have enabled those.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:57 AM
Administrator

It sounds like your Xenons might need replacing. They should have a blueish tint whether they are on high beams or not. What halogen bulbs are you talking about?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JayArras
It sounds like your Xenons might need replacing. They should have a blueish tint whether they are on high beams or not. What halogen bulbs are you talking about?
im refering to these bulbs h7? they stay lit when i push the leaver away from me and high beam symbol stay on, it only tuns on these bulbs (flash to pass bulbs) they stay lit and act as high beams, i see no mechanical movement or switching in lights, This picture is taken from my car.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Administrator

That IS unusual. The halogen bulb you point to is, in my car, is the "flash to pass". It does not appear to go on at any other time other than when I pull the stalk toward me. I'm guessing that that is the standard setting. It looks like the previous owner also messed with that on your car. Fortunately, you appear to have the tool needed to set it to whatever you want.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:33 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JayArras
That IS unusual. The halogen bulb you point to is, in my car, is the "flash to pass". It does not appear to go on at any other time other than when I pull the stalk toward me. I'm guessing that that is the standard setting. It looks like the previous owner also messed with that on your car. Fortunately, you appear to have the tool needed to set it to whatever you want.
atleast i know now that it should not be like that. tying to look at the codes and physically in the light, i hope i will find the problem.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:26 PM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Siim Orasmae

im refering to these bulbs h7? they stay lit when i push the leaver away from me and high beam symbol stay on, it only tuns on these bulbs (flash to pass bulbs) they stay lit and act as high beams, i see no mechanical movement or switching in lights, This picture is taken from my car.
Normally those inner H7 bulbs are not high beams if you have the Zenon outer beams. It appears that your H7 lights have been configured to act as daytime running lights and flash lights, although they should turn off when Zenon lights are activated and definitely not on in the high beam position (lever forward). They is how they work on my 2005 545. Are the H7s on when the zenon lights are not activated? That should tell you if the H7s have been configured as DRLs.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:24 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i e21 320i
Model Year: 2005 1981
Engine: M54 M10

The flash to pass and DRL function were the norm with the LM1 light module, model years 2004- sometime in 2006 production year. The LM2 light module allowed for angle eyes to be used for DRL function in addition to flash to pass function.

Quick Reply: High Beams