E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

High Battery Drain - DEALER CAN'T FIND CAUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

any updates? Was it the COmfort Access?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
any updates? Was it the COmfort Access?
If you're asking me John, no, they tested the comfort access door handles and those were fine. Per my post a few hours ago, they are now replacing driver and passenger seat modules and the TCU per BMW's instructions.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Good luck ECF...hope things get fixed up soon (and for free!)

What I can't quite understand is how some people here have dealers who are able to monitor the car's systems (overnight or over a period of time) and be able to pinpoint that the car is not only waking up but also what module is actually waking it up. Then there are dealers who have no idea what's going on and simply blame the driver (and his "driving profile".)

Why can't every dealer hook the car up to whatever it is they hook it up to and log whatever it is they can log to learn what's up here?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
Good luck ECF...hope things get fixed up soon (and for free!)

What I can't quite understand is how some people here have dealers who are able to monitor the car's systems (overnight or over a period of time) and be able to pinpoint that the car is not only waking up but also what module is actually waking it up. Then there are dealers who have no idea what's going on and simply blame the driver (and his "driving profile".)

Why can't every dealer hook the car up to whatever it is they hook it up to and log whatever it is they can log to learn what's up here?
Thanks Rudy. And yes, they're doing a goodwill repair on everything. My passenger seat leg extension is not working and they're going to goodwill that too.

They've supposedly done all the monitoring already and haven't found any drains. The weird part is, they had let the car sit for 3 days and it started up fine, just had the error light. I had taken the car back couple weeks ago to swap my headers and Sonic also let the car sit for 3 days and it started up fine as well. BUT, when this problem first started happening, it wouldn't start one time after I had just driven the car the night before. I talked to the foreman and he was dumbfounded. Just hope this will finally fix it but who knows.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Sorry to hear about your woes Tony. Doubt it will help but my car had this problem a few months ago shortly after my 6-CD changer was acting up. I took the cartridge out of the CD changer and I haven't had a problem since. I still need to get it checked out though but I noticed my CD changer would cycle on and off every hour or so.

Good luck, I'll be selfish like Melvin and say we need another ECFest!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Thanks Ross. Hopefully the next ECFest will be in the Fall, probably Oct. Man, that seems like so far away. haha
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

one member in HK has the same thing and found out that it was the alarm going off on it own at night so he disabled it and the are is fine now.
same as you the dealer can not fine any thing wrong with the car so he took it to a local garage to fix this.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Oddly enough, I just started getting the same message when the weather started getting warmer.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the timer that turns on to cool my car??? ... .
Old 07-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by olskooldj
Oddly enough, I just started getting the same message when the weather started getting warmer.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the timer that turns on to cool my car??? ... .
I've never used that feature so I'm sure that's not my problem.

They supposedly installed the new seat modules and TCM and did the programming today and will let the car sit and check Tue (service is closed Mon) so hopefully when I'm back from my vacation in SoCal, I'll get some good news. Knock on wood.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by olskooldj

Running the parked car ventilation will clearly use energy from the battery but under normal conditions, you're supposed to be able to use it without any issues. If you're running the ventilation two times without running the car between them, you may see that message more frequently...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if, after running the parked car ventilation one time, you're seeing the high battery drain message, you may have a weak battery.

Quick Reply: High Battery Drain - DEALER CAN'T FIND CAUSE!