E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

hifi system

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 5 2004, 05:58 PM
Well for jazz listeners I think the wifi is good enough. Here in the states wifi is standard.

You will love it.

can not talk about L7. I dont have it.
[snapback]41617[/snapback]
I have the Standard U.S. Sound System, with the alleged 2 subwoofers. I'm just not sure if they are really 10" woofers or if they are 6 x 9s. I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, they are probably round speakers, I don't think they are 10" though.....

I am trying to figure out the best way to add some low-end bass to this system, cleanly. I need pictures and a wiring diagram of the stock amp!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Ok, just looked at the other post. 'Subwoofers' are 210 mm. Equals 8.26 inches.

8 1/4" underpowered subwoofers.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Jun 27 2004, 05:58 AM
i have ordered the hifi system not the logic 7. can i have some feedback on the hifi system please??
[snapback]13830[/snapback]
E60525d, you already have your car right?

so when you say "ordered" can BMW upgrade an existing UK E60 fitted with standard audio to "hifi". Is that what you are doing?

If, yes, I would be very interested in the details (part numbers, costs) etc as I spoke to my dealer last week and he said BMW offered NO upgrades for the audio :'(
Old 10-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 5 2004, 05:58 PM
I am trying to figure out the best way to add some low-end bass to this system, cleanly.? I need pictures and a wiring diagram of the stock amp!
[snapback]41626[/snapback]

Here's a link to someone who's done this already. Maybe you can contact him.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Members

If you do a search, there have been multiple threads discussing audio options in the E60. To most people, the standard US system = UK "hifi option" is enough. For people who love their music, you can't go past Logic7.

I'm quite picky about my music and I wish I got Logic7. It's true that the subs just don't output enough. :'(

Northernmonkey: It might be that the dealer thought you wanted an upgrade on your EXISTING car. AFAIK, no audio upgrade by BMW for existing cars. If you buy a NEW car, then definitely there would be options to the standard audio.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Members

Hi Guys (and Gals),
Need a little bit of help here with sound systems. I have Logic7, got the 13 speakers and have the L7 controls in the iDrive. However, I have a problem in that I cannot hear any sound from the rear parcels shelf speakers nor from the subs under the front seats, I can hear output from the rear doors, and front doors. It's like the fader was all up front, but it's not. The sound from the system is good but not great. I believe I have a fault and should take it to the dealer. Question for those with L7, is there a definite sound all the time from the rear speakers and subs ?? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by D2NET' date='Oct 6 2004, 10:00 AM
Question for those with L7, is there a definite sound all the time from the rear speakers and subs ?? Thanks for your help.
[snapback]41806[/snapback]
Yes
Old 10-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by D2NET' date='Oct 6 2004, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys (and Gals),
Need a little bit of help here with sound systems. I have Logic7, got the 13 speakers and have the L7 controls in the iDrive. However, I have a problem in that I cannot hear any sound from the rear parcels shelf speakers nor from the subs under the front seats, I can hear output from the rear doors, and front doors. It's like the fader was all up front, but it's not. The sound from the system is good but not great. I believe I have a fault and should take it to the dealer. Question for those with L7, is there a definite sound all the time from the rear speakers and subs ?? Thanks for your help.
[snapback]41806[/snapback]
Have you had an iDrive update lately??
My standard sound system used to sound acceptable, until I took it to the dealership and they updated the iDrive software version and now I can barely hear the bass and it seems like the distribution of the sound (balance) is out of phase to the right of the car (Right side sounds louder even when balance setting is right on the middle)

Does anybody know if iDrive update can affect the way the sound system performs?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by chicosy' date='Oct 6 2004, 11:07 AM
If you do a search, there have been multiple threads discussing audio options in the E60.? To most people, the standard US system = UK "hifi option" is enough.? For people who love their music, you can't go past Logic7.

I'm quite picky about my music and I wish I got Logic7.? It's true that the subs just don't output enough.? :'(

Northernmonkey:? It might be that the dealer thought you wanted an upgrade on your EXISTING car.? AFAIK, no audio upgrade by BMW for existing cars.? If you buy a NEW car, then definitely there would be options to the standard audio.

Hope this helps!?
[snapback]41786[/snapback]
One of my friends just bought 2004 X5 4.4 with Logic 7 and I have to admit that it sucks! You can barely hear the subs in the back. It's possible that acoustic characteristics of X5 are some what different from E60, but I was still pretty disappointment.

I actually was kind of surprised when I noticed two subs under the front seats of my 525. I had no idea that basic audio systems comes with subs. BTW, the audio system is excellent! Loud enough, sound is pretty crisp and very live.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Contributors

I have L7 , and I believe the fader now favours (favors) the driver so the volume is more from the front rather than the back..

This suits me as my wife likes sitting in the back, and she says the volume is definately quieter.

Another point, does anybody notice if there is volume for each Music source i.e. Radio and CD, because I have my CD's on loud , but switching to FM the volume appears - to my ears anyway - to go down.

Quick Reply: hifi system