E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hi, new owner of an E60 from Malta..need your honest help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 520d MSPORT
Default Hi, new owner of an E60 from Malta..need your honest help please

Hi, I am new to the site and also new to BMW ownership. I am from Malta and bought a BMW E60 520d msport 2008.

Really happy with it but the only problems I have at the moment is that my front passenger side electric window switch does not work however when controlled from the drivers side it works fine. does someone knows how to remove this switch and how to replace it? pictures will be very helpful(the switch is located in the middle of the door card not on the door handle).

Another problem that I have is that when checking the oil level on the idrive screen it is marking too high. Is there a DIY section how to replace oil and filter for a 520d model? And what do you recommend the best oil for this engine please?

The last doubt I have is that I don't know where is the exterior trim colour code for the paintwork as I need to purchase touch up paint however I can't find it. Colour is blue but there are more than one type.

And finally do you know links where I can download for free haynes manuals for this e60 diesel model? And also a link to download it's original handbook as I don't have nothing with the car except the service history.

Thanks alot for helping me in this new ownership and I hope that I made the right choice of car....
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

First, welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

Originally Posted by xifton
Hi, I am new to the site and also new to BMW ownership. I am from Malta and bought a BMW E60 520d msport 2008.

Really happy with it but the only problems I have at the moment is that my front passenger side electric window switch does not work however when controlled from the drivers side it works fine. does someone knows how to remove this switch and how to replace it? pictures will be very helpful(the switch is located in the middle of the door card not on the door handle).
The switch itself can probably be purchased on eBay without too much trouble. As for installing it? That is a little trickier since you have to first disconnect the airbag in the door to pull the door card. I am sure others will chime in on this one.

Another problem that I have is that when checking the oil level on the idrive screen it is marking too high. Is there a DIY section how to replace oil and filter for a 520d model? And what do you recommend the best oil for this engine please?
For this the best member to contact is member Anzafin, he previously had the diesel model and knows it very well.

The last doubt I have is that I don't know where is the exterior trim colour code for the paintwork as I need to purchase touch up paint however I can't find it. Colour is blue but there are more than one type.
The color of your car is located on a plate under the hood (bonnet) on the passenger's side fender (left hand drive cars). The plate will be black with silver lettering, for example mine says: Silber Grau (A08) on it, this is your paint color and code.

And finally do you know links where I can download for free haynes manuals for this e60 diesel model? And also a link to download it's original handbook as I don't have nothing with the car except the service history.
I am not sure if there is any place to download the entire Haynes manual, however, given enough Google searches there are usually DIY's to be found all over the internet, incluiding here in our own DIY section that is really good.

Good luck, and welcome again.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535i MT Giant TCR C0

Don't overlook the obvious concerning the window switch. Is it possible the lockout switch is "on" i.e. green light illuminated? Just a thought.