E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

hi im new to this

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525i

Originally Posted by west
The only way I've gotten those wheels to rub was on the front part of the fender liner...and the car was pretty low (about 2" iirc, maybe a little more). I have a video of those wheels on my car when it was dropped. You decide for yourself. Hold on for one sec while I find the video..
I got the springs shipped last week but I've been lagging on installing them.. Pretty busy with work & I was thinking since it's a bit of a gamble with the eibachs for making the tire rub ,to get h&r sport springs instead (1.3 front 1.2 rear) or somethin like that
Old 03-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tu:Dor
I got the springs shipped last week but I've been lagging on installing them.. Pretty busy with work & I was thinking since it's a bit of a gamble with the eibachs for making the tire rub ,to get h&r sport springs instead (1.3 front 1.2 rear) or somethin like that
You can always ask PTL for help if they rub. People sometimes use not-as-wide tires to solve rubbing issues, but I'm not a wheel/tire fitment guru so I dunno what would be best. In fact, I wouldn't go too much lower than what you see in the video. I think I kept it at that ride height for a reason. Hmm. I'm sure if you check this thread in the morning somebody in the forum who knows the answer will chime in.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525i

Originally Posted by west
The only way I've gotten those wheels to rub was on the front part of the fender liner...and the tire sidewalls on the front were only half visibile when that happened. It didn't rub with this posture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgYJ9VEHj_A&feature=player_embedded#at=25
Thanks for sharing that video ur car sounds beastly ! The drop is perfect in that video! I should be fine w/ the springs.. I like the wheel color combination the red outer part . It would probably look good on silver as well