E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hi, Im a Brand New Member, Need Advise on Xenon's Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am really sorry if this question has been asked before, but i have just found this great site today by accident and i need some help urgently that i can't find an answer too. Hopefully someone can help me.

I am about to order a 520d M sport, i really love the look of the 'Ring Lights' that the 5 series has. The dealer told me i don't need to order Xenon headlights to get this as the 5 series has a ring lights when the lights are on side with the standard lights!

I have noticed this on the road, however with the Xenon lights the rings seem to be better/brighter and it seems you can have just 4 rings on as your lights.

I really love the look, but i can't really afford the Xenon's having put other options on instead. So i suppose my question is, do the standard lights still have the 4 ring only option? and does anyone have any pics of the 2 sets of lights Xenon & Standard so i could have a side by side look please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am hoping to order the car on Monday. Many thanks.

Regards
Dan
Old 11-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport, Silver-grey, Black Dakota, Media, Visibility, HUD, Foldy mirrors, Hot seats.

I think the standard lights have the 'angel eye' feature too. I don't think xenons make them less noticeable. Xenons are much brighter than the normal lights so you won't notice the rings as much.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Members

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions as I'm new too - waiting for my own 520d SE with Xenons and Leather to be delivered. Out of interest if you are leasing the car my Xenons added relatively little to the monthly charge (less than ?200) and the leather added very little as well. They must help the residual values in the UK.

I think it may help you get the correct answer if you mention where you ordered the car - UK, USA etc
Old 11-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Members

Yeah, i am leasing the car and Xenon's will add roughly ?20.00 to the monthly cost bringing it to about ?215.00 per month. I am also based in the UK.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Contributors

All 5 series come with angel eyes or the 4 ring lights. No matter your headlight, whether its xenons or adaptive xenons or standard halogen, they all come with the 4 ring lights, which we call angel eyes and some call demon eyes.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

All E60's have the "angel eye" lights and all of them can use them as the parking lights (four rings) if daytime running lights are not active.

Welcome to the forums Dan. Since I'm pretty sure you'll be visiting again, you can help us out by adding your location to your profile since some information is country specific.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Members

Hi There

I have a 520D M sport. I had Xenons on my last car but did not bother this time in view of the cost. I have not missed them to be honest.

I get the angel eye effect when on sidelights and I am certain that Xenon or non Xenon option has no effect on this as the Xenons don't come into effect until you are dipped beam head lights.

I would use the money for a Hi-Fi speaker upgrade instead. Would't bother with leather either on an Msport as it's 1/2 leather anyway.

?215 seems a cheap lease deal. Out of interest can I ask deposit / term / Mileage?

Cheers
Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andymac' post='357954' date='Nov 19 2006, 04:58 PM
Hi There

...I had Xenons on my last car but...
E60s xenons are not usual xenons. Bi-Xenons are low and high beam xenons, plus the cool and very useful adaptive function.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:15 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

All 5er have the 'ring' angel eyes.

IMO They do look a bit better with Xenons, but only for the fact that with just the 'parking' lihgts on the xenon bulb blocks out the centre on the headlamp reflector.

In the non xenons, like mine, the reflection of the lights in the headlamp reflector detracts a little from the 'eye' effect.

You can change the sidelight bulb easily to a whiter light to make them look better.

Here is a pic of the diffence between standard and whiter bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails Hi, Im a Brand New Member, Need Advise on Xenon's Please!!-pic_2.jpg  
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by danpercival' post='357941' date='Nov 19 2006, 01:55 PM
Hi,
I am really sorry if this question has been asked before, but i have just found this great site today by accident and i need some help urgently that i can't find an answer too. Hopefully someone can help me.

I am about to order a 520d M sport, i really love the look of the 'Ring Lights' that the 5 series has. The dealer told me i don't need to order Xenon headlights to get this as the 5 series has a ring lights when the lights are on side with the standard lights!

I have noticed this on the road, however with the Xenon lights the rings seem to be better/brighter and it seems you can have just 4 rings on as your lights.

I really love the look, but i can't really afford the Xenon's having put other options on instead. So i suppose my question is, do the standard lights still have the 4 ring only option? and does anyone have any pics of the 2 sets of lights Xenon & Standard so i could have a side by side look please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am hoping to order the car on Monday. Many thanks.

Regards
Dan
Welcome to the club

Here's a link to one of the gallery pictures. This shows really nicely that you don't need xenons to have the nice feature of angel eyes and they show up just as well with or without xenons.

However, I would like them to be brighter so they show up better during the day, this is in common with all E60s though. The new 3 series coupe has much brighter angel eyes which can be used as very effective daytime driving lights.

I hope that Pingu does not mind me using the link to his photos...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...si&img=6889

Quick Reply: Hi, Im a Brand New Member, Need Advise on Xenon's Please!!