E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hi! Advice sought.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Sport Sedan. Titanuim Silver, Sunroof, Black Dakota Interior, Anthracite Maple Trim, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth

Gday Thommo, have you driven a 5 Series M Sport around Sydney. I have a 530 Sport in Brisbane and the combination of 18" and the RFT's makes it a pretty bumpy ride. (Although, love the handling and the little tyre flex in cornering, so I put up with it)

I would think a move to 19" will only make this worse. I had owned a HSV Clubsport R8 which had very solid ride such as your Monaro, the 5 Series is even tigher. I guess in short, I would stay with the 18's.

Re: Colour, I like the Silver Grey / Black combination.. You are right, Black is a tough colour to keep clean, especially while we have water restrictions in both Sydney / Brisbane. I have Titan Silver, and find it a great colour that doesnt show dirt.. (allthough its not as glossy as the darker colours.)

Be carefull on the phones supported, you should check with the Dealership on the current handsets that BMW's Bluetooth supports. There is also a Bluetooth / Cell Phone Forum for the E60 inside the Forum menu page of e60.net you can check.

You will love the drive, especially over the Monaro. (however you will miss the extra two cylinders of that LS1 Motor)

Good Luck..
Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I would go for 18" wheels and the silver grey combination.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

titanium silver and big wheels!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrjames' post='216096' date='Dec 28 2005, 11:26 AM
Gday Thommo, have you driven a 5 Series M Sport around Sydney. I have a 530 Sport in Brisbane and the combination of 18" and the RFT's makes it a pretty bumpy ride. (Although, love the handling and the little tyre flex in cornering, so I put up with it)

I would think a move to 19" will only make this worse. I had owned a HSV Clubsport R8 which had very solid ride such as your Monaro, the 5 Series is even tigher. I guess in short, I would stay with the 18's.

Re: Colour, I like the Silver Grey / Black combination.. You are right, Black is a tough colour to keep clean, especially while we have water restrictions in both Sydney / Brisbane. I have Titan Silver, and find it a great colour that doesnt show dirt.. (allthough its not as glossy as the darker colours.)

Be carefull on the phones supported, you should check with the Dealership on the current handsets that BMW's Bluetooth supports. There is also a Bluetooth / Cell Phone Forum for the E60 inside the Forum menu page of e60.net you can check.

You will love the drive, especially over the Monaro. (however you will miss the extra two cylinders of that LS1 Motor)

Good Luck..
Thanks Mr James.

Yeah, had a ride quickly round the Eastern Suburbs, seemed acceptable on the rft 18s; time will tell, I've only got until tomorrow to wait!!!

Will miss the LS1 only for the very infrequent time that you ?stick the boot in?. Otherwise, will not miss the sh1t gearbox and the outrageous thirst.

Plus, I?ve got a 2 ? week old baby; you tried getting an adult in and out of the back of a Munro; never mind a child capsule  that?s my justification to the Minister of Finance anyway.

Cheers

Thommo