E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

hey new guy here

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone I'm Tom a new owner of an 06 550i been messing with cars for quite some time now, new to the BMWs. I've got one main question, what exactly is pre lci and lci what are the major differences? Any input on mods would be greatly appreciated, I know I want to do mtech bumpers, RPI or custom exhaust and intake but those are the only things I've come across that seem to be available for my model. I also have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 edition that i fully built myself making 480hp 500+tq and ran a 12.8sec on its one run before our track shutdown. I'm a certified automotive painter have been for 8 years now but due to economy issues I've had to switch professions, Now I paint fully custom personal and small commercial aircraft. Anyways thats a little bit about me and on with the pics, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Attached Thumbnails hey new guy here-5.jpg   hey new guy here-4.jpg   hey new guy here-3.jpg  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Welcome T-Rock!

The pre lci and lci refers to the build type, the pre lci is what you and I have. Any E60 that is late 2007 and after was a lci. the lci has new lights and quite a few other updates. There are also many other subtle changes that are underneath with the lci, maybe someone else can go into further detail.

Search around on the site and you will usually be able to find deals from other members. the vendors on here offer some great deals and there are some bmw shops which offer our members between 10-30% off oem parts.

Also the search button is your friend, if you have a question chances are it was already answered 10x already. If not, just ask away!

Welcome and if you see fit donate to the site!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

welcome to the forum, i have a 545i the same color as yours...i def would recommend the mtech kit...its on my to-do list for this summer. performance mods...most people on here swear by RPI...i personally have a few dinan mods and the RPI air intakes...to name a couple mods. cool that you have a tricked out Grand Prix...i had a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP back in college....that thing was awesome...at the time i thought its 240hp via a super charger was a rocket...

enjoy the forums...
Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by T-Rock
Hello everyone I'm Tom a new owner of an 06 550i been messing with cars for quite some time now, new to the BMWs. I've got one main question, what exactly is pre lci and lci what are the major differences? Any input on mods would be greatly appreciated, I know I want to do mtech bumpers, RPI or custom exhaust and intake but those are the only things I've come across that seem to be available for my model. I also have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 edition that i fully built myself making 480hp 500+tq and ran a 12.8sec on its one run before our track shutdown. I'm a certified automotive painter have been for 8 years now but due to economy issues I've had to switch professions, Now I paint fully custom personal and small commercial aircraft. Anyways thats a little bit about me and on with the pics, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Welcome T-Rock!! As others have said LCI stands for Life Cycle Impulse, basically its just updating the currenty body style with some new items. The main things on the exterior as others have mentioned are mainly the front and rear lights, and the front facia, other than that you wont notice much more than that. Physically the lights and bumpers are interchangable. I think on the interior there are other subtle changes on the like a different climate control system and maybe some different buttons for the radio (more pre-sets)also possibly some other software upgrades. I believe some of the very last e60's had the new iDrive controller and interface, but still the old CCC system based system.

You'll find a wealth of info on this site for sure, plus some great peeps along the way to help with your modding!!

Enjoy
Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528 XI 6000k HiD Lows coming soon - black roundels - smoked led turn signals - tint - 6000k fogs - hid angel eyes - hid reverse light - led interior lights

welcome to the forum it looks from your headlights that you have pre lci. lci has the really nice tail lights with the led lines going through them and the headlights dont have that orange on the side of them. Also with the interior a big difference is the gear shifter. if it looks like a normal shifter then you got pre lci if you have the one that you hold a button and push up on the shifter then you got LCI.

for example the pic i posted of the headlight is LCI
Attached Thumbnails hey new guy here-photo-5.jpg  
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Welcome!

If you've scanned the forum in no time you'll realize there's lots of stuff to figure out about your new-to-you BMW. Don't wait too long before you download a copy of a manual from the information section of the forum. It's always easier to search the PDF than to dig through the paper doc.

Nice ride there ... no doubt your painting knowledge will be helpful to members too. We look forward to your contributions.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Members

Thanks for all the welcomes and info, as soon as the weather gets a little better here in Missouri I'll hopefully have some new exterior parts and be able to spray again. Will definitely post pics and if anyone needs help with paint just let me know, I'll do what I can to help.

Quick Reply: hey new guy here