E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Here we go...again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I just had mine replaced under warranty. My car had 26+K on the odometer. (granted I ran my snows for a while and I was waiting for almost 2 months until my dealer got the Dunlops in).
I got Dunlops again. These are much quieter and don't seem to wander nearly as much. We'll see how they hold up over the next few '000 miles.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

I got new dunlops too and they are fantastic so far. Not at all like the old ones that tramlined and wobbled.

I really like these new ones and have every expectation that they'll be great. I'll let you know if otherwise.

Realtyman, what happened to your link 'vrooooooooom'? it says no such page available?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I'm getting my Dunlops replaced. My SA said they were ordering Bridgestones for me because they have had so many "problems" with the Dunlops. I was really expecting them to replace them with the new version Dunlops. This was about a month ago and the rear tires are still on back-order. I wonder if BMW has now determined that the improved version of the Dunlops is no better than the original?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:47 AM
abs
Members

pardon my ignorance but is there a recall for the the dunlop runflats

my car has problems with tire noise and in wet conditions my car seems to go all over the place when braking.

can someone tell me if i am entitled to a tire replacement
Old 08-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Aug 15 2005, 01:10 PM
I got new dunlops too and they are fantastic so far. Not at all like the old ones that tramlined and wobbled.

I really like these new ones and have every expectation that they'll be great. I'll let you know if otherwise.

Realtyman, what happened to your link 'vrooooooooom'? it says no such page available?
[snapback]159522[/snapback]
Thanks for the vroooooom update.
I'm doing some major website work (moving servers, etc.) .
Must have blown the link.
I'll get it back up soon.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Contributors

geesh! how ironic. I just called my SA yesterday and asked if the replacements were doing the same as the originals.. He said so far so good. but yet, with 5800 miles on these tires (very close to the 6k mark like my last set), I am starting to hear what I think is that same road roar. not loud enough just yet, but starting?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

for mine, it wasn't roar as much also as the unbalanced tires that they could not re-balance. There was a bad batch of them for a while.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sapphire Black 2005 545i Silver Gray M-Aero kit (totalled)

Anyone have their Dunlop runflats replaced for a SECOND time at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, California? My tires are cupping AGAIN and my SA claims this is the first time they've had to replace a second set. Actually, the BMW rep is inspecting them today and he will have to approve the replacement.