E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

help surprise my husband

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i, Sapphire Black, SMG Mods: Umnitza m5tech kit, matte black grill, CF roundels, cheapo ebay AE's, RPI exhaust (turned into quads), Uforged 20" wheels.

Hey there all,

My name is Michelle and I have hijacked my husbands account. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan. He will be back around Oct. I want to surprise him by upgrading his headlights. I am not exactly sure which ones to purchase or where to take them to be installed. Hence why I am here can you help me out? I believe the new ones are these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2894wt_941

Any ideas or helpful hints would be great!

Thanks,
Michelle
Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That´s a great idea, those headlights are the ones you would find on a 2008 and up car. The design is different and they definitely look better!

I am not sure how to upgrade to the new headlights, there might be coding that needs to be done. I know of another member, brabusw209amg, who has done the switch.
Here is his user profile https://5series.net/forums/user/21645-brabusw209amg/

If you send him a message, he will let you know how to do it and answer your questions. Good luck!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by jamthogtr
Hey there all,

My name is Michelle and I have hijacked my husbands account. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan. He will be back around Oct. I want to surprise him by upgrading his headlights. I am not exactly sure which ones to purchase or where to take them to be installed. Hence why I am here can you help me out? I believe the new ones are these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...0#ht_2894wt_941

Any ideas or helpful hints would be great!

Thanks,
Michelle

Will you marry me?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Contributors

You have a sister?

But Michelle, what I think you should do is upgrade the tail lights for him instead. It will be a much bigger difference overall, look amazing, and a lot less expensive. First, get the LCI tail lights (make sure they are BMW originals made by Hella) from either eBay or possibly just get them direct from a BMW dealer like Garry from Newport BMW who gives members here 25% off. Then go to www.mironics.com and get the plug and play adapters for this modification from England. These will allow you to simply unscrew the original tail lights, remove them, put the new ones in, add the adapters in-line, and you're done! All for less than $1000.

If you do the headlights you're looking at ~$2000 for the lights alone, then another $2000 for programming and wiring. Very extensive job.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You have a sister?

But Michelle, what I think you should do is upgrade the tail lights for him instead. It will be a much bigger difference overall, look amazing, and a lot less expensive. First, get the LCI tail lights (make sure they are BMW originals made by Hella) from either eBay or possibly just get them direct from a BMW dealer like Garry from Newport BMW who gives members here 25% off. Then go to www.mironics.com and get the plug and play adapters for this modification from England. These will allow you to simply unscrew the original tail lights, remove them, put the new ones in, add the adapters in-line, and you're done! All for less than $1000.

If you do the headlights you're looking at ~$2000 for the lights alone, then another $2000 for programming and wiring. Very extensive job.
I agree, and from the looks of it, you husband had planned to do the tail lights next, you can see that in his future mods list in his signature. If you want a bit of both, you could get whiter xenons for the headlights, along with white angel eyes instead of the normal amber ones, and the tail lights on top of that...and maybe some Euro Stickers for the orange part of the headlight.

The whiter xenons and angel eyes you can both get from Brabusw209amo and the the Euro Stickers you can get from member Akalius, I think they cost around $25.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

Cool! This guy is a lucky man! Good luck Michelle, I went to the desert and my wife sold my BMW.........

But that was a Z4 and she's letting me buy a 550/M5 when i get back so i guess i will forgiver her
Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i, Sapphire Black, SMG Mods: Umnitza m5tech kit, matte black grill, CF roundels, cheapo ebay AE's, RPI exhaust (turned into quads), Uforged 20" wheels.

Thanks everyone. I did see the future mod section. But I don't speak BMW. So I kind of have no clue. I do like your ideas. I will check into these.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by mbp727
Will you marry me?
will you marry me too? lol my girl got so hot when iu bought some m6 reps
Old 07-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

I also agree Taillights would be a better choice
Old 07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Hey Michelle, be careful cuz he will be able to check the internet from Afghanistan ya know? He might see this and that would ruin the great surprise you have planned.

I wish you luck, and a quick and safe return of your husband. Thank you both for what you do!! My wife and I went through this last year - bottom line is it totally sucks, even more so for those who are left behind back home. You are always wondering. My advice is do NOT watch the news and only talk to him once, maybe twice a week, max if you can. Any more than that and the one time he has to miss a call or internet video link up you'll be crazy wondering what happened to him.

anyway, good luck with the mods. your husband will love whatever you do I'm sure. He's a lucky man!!