E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with the spec of my 525 M Sport..........

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the site but would like some help before I place an order.

525 or 525d?

Natural Brown or Cream?

Platinium or Carbon Black?

Should I go to the 19" s?

I've had a month to think about it and I need to place the order in the next day or so to get it in August.....

Any help would be great + Any pictures?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ben1' post='427662' date='May 23 2007, 10:01 PM

525 or 525d?

Natural Brown or Cream?

Try driving both and see what you prefer - where's your location?

Personally, take the 172M's as you get proper tyres instead of runflats!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='427668' date='May 23 2007, 04:13 PM
Try driving both and see what you prefer - where's your location?

Personally, take the 172M's as you get proper tyres instead of runflats!

Bristol UK
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ben1' post='427669' date='May 23 2007, 10:15 PM
Bristol UK
Both the 525i and 525d now have 3 litre engines - both are cracking, it depends on whether you prefer the diesel grunt or petrol refinement...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ben1' post='427662' date='May 23 2007, 04:01 PM

525 or 525d?

Natural Brown or Cream?

I've had a month to think about it and I need to place the order in the next day or so to get it in August.....

Any help would be great + Any pictures?

Thanks
Take the platinum grey with leather natural brown, thats optical and also for cleaning the best combination !!

I`m 100% happy with my car in this combination

Bye

Heli G.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

You definitely want to drive 'em both and see how they feel.

The petrol engine is more refined than the diesel (read "quieter") but, to my thinking, still makes a lovely throaty growl when pushed. I recently moved from an E39 525i to a pre-LCI E60 530d and am not complaining at all about the engine notes. Note, however, that I am comparing a since-updated engine in my 530d with an even older engine in the 525i.

The diesel kicks out a heck of a lot more torque than the petrol, so that would be a consideration for you as well ... do you want more bhp's or more Nm's.

The diesel is a smidgen more economical than the petrol for puttering about town, but gives you a heck of a lot more miles per gallon out on the open road, so you'd want to have a think about how you're most likely to use the thing. That torque comes in very handy for relaxed cruising and overtaking at motorway speeds too.

Finally, the emissions levels of the two may or may not make a difference to the car tax you pay in the UK. There's some information on that here ---> http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...hicle/index.htm

I'll stress again, though, that the real bottom line here is drive both of 'em and see how you feel.

I'd definitely go for wheels with the non-RFT's as I think they ride a heck of a lot better. I have read a couple of times that there have been improvements in the new generation of RFT's, but I know that mine (put on the car 2 months ago), still feel hard, are prone to tramiling, and have already developed annoying flat spots in them after the car was parked up for one weekend.

Colour preferences are pretty much to personal taste, so do have a close look at the different combinations in the flesh. I personally love carbon black, although I hear consistently that it takes a LOT of work to keep it nice and clean.

MacSid
Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Be daring.... go White with either a Black or Brown Interior... If i have one regret it's not going white.... having said that I'm real happy with my Carbon Black/Natural 525d M Sport which you can see HERE
Old 05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Heli G.' post='427805' date='May 24 2007, 03:29 AM
Take the platinum grey with leather natural brown, thats optical and also for cleaning the best combination !!

I`m 100% happy with my car in this combination
Bye

Heli G.

Do you have any pictures? I need to order next Tuesday for a delivery in August.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='427813' date='May 24 2007, 03:40 AM
You definitely want to drive 'em both and see how they feel.

The petrol engine is more refined than the diesel (read "quieter") but, to my thinking, still makes a lovely throaty growl when pushed. I recently moved from an E39 525i to a pre-LCI E60 530d and am not complaining at all about the engine notes. Note, however, that I am comparing a since-updated engine in my 530d with an even older engine in the 525i.

The diesel kicks out a heck of a lot more torque than the petrol, so that would be a consideration for you as well ... do you want more bhp's or more Nm's.

The diesel is a smidgen more economical than the petrol for puttering about town, but gives you a heck of a lot more miles per gallon out on the open road, so you'd want to have a think about how you're most likely to use the thing. That torque comes in very handy for relaxed cruising and overtaking at motorway speeds too.

Finally, the emissions levels of the two may or may not make a difference to the car tax you pay in the UK. There's some information on that here ---> http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...hicle/index.htm

I'll stress again, though, that the real bottom line here is drive both of 'em and see how you feel.

I'd definitely go for wheels with the non-RFT's as I think they ride a heck of a lot better. I have read a couple of times that there have been improvements in the new generation of RFT's, but I know that mine (put on the car 2 months ago), still feel hard, are prone to tramiling, and have already developed annoying flat spots in them after the car was parked up for one weekend.

Colour preferences are pretty much to personal taste, so do have a close look at the different combinations in the flesh. I personally love carbon black, although I hear consistently that it takes a LOT of work to keep it nice and clean.

Thanks MacSid very helpful.

I've had lots of petrol BMs and I think i'll stay with it, although you can't ignore the deisel econ. I have a Deisel now but I really miss the noise of a petrol so I think I'll do it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the wheels I was trying to justify them.

MacSid
Old 05-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='427847' date='May 24 2007, 07:47 AM
Be daring.... go White with either a Black or Brown Interior... If i have one regret it's not going white.... having said that I'm real happy with my Carbon Black/Natural 525d M Sport which you can see HERE
I've just found the pictures of your car after running a search sorry to tell you but I think i'm going carbon, brown and 19s - hope you don't mind.