E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help!! Plzz battery install problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013 | 06:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 08 528i full m5 body
Default Help!! Plzz battery install problem

Hey guys so my 08 528i I just bought was kind of hesitant to crank up so I got the battery checked and what do you know I needed a new battery no biggie. Now when I installed the new batter everything works fine other then about 2 or 3 things

1. No power window switches work
2. Electric system malfunction
3. And my alarm doesn't make any noise when I open or close the doors and the doors don't open or close.

The new battery has helped with the initial problem the car starts up quick now and everything else works and drives perfectly help please!!!'

Oh and this all happened at a local auto part store and the guy there called a bmw mechanic he knew which brought a tuner type thing for the obd and it doesn't even turn on when he plugs it in?? Tommorow I will be going to him to further diagnosis he said he should be able to fix it, and help guys?

I'm guessing the guy at autozone was an idiot and fucked up my car he did put in something before to save the memory but that's about it
Old 05-15-2013 | 06:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

i switched my battery out for one i bought at autozone a couple days ago too, i didnt use any type of memory saver, i just swapped out the battery, and everything works fine.

maybe try unplugging the battery for about 15 minutes, and see if it helps clear everything. also take the car somewhere to register the battery.

but why is the guy at autozone the idiot? your the one who took a bmw to autozone to get the battery changed, who does that? plus, changing a battery is easy to do.
Old 05-15-2013 | 06:35 PM
New Members

yea tommorow im taking it to this bmw mechanic shops to see if he can use his tools or something to fix it, he said it should be no problem, and this is my 2nd bmw and ive never had to do a battery change. Lol ive had many cars and never had had to register a battery after installation

and i said he is an idoit because he obviously did something wrong if all this shits messed up after he installled the battery, i just went to autozone to check the battery itself and since it was low i said why not i didnt think changing a battery would be so complicated

im only 19 im not a car expert btw
Old 05-15-2013 | 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Just to clarify, it probably wasn't any "memory saver", it was most likely just a battery tender connecting to under the hood so that it can keep it juiced -- although it's actually completely unnecessary for E60s.

As far as your errors go, I haven't heard of people experiencing these things. Are the specs the same for your replacement?
Old 05-15-2013 | 07:33 PM
New Members

i found a thread on this website using search where a guy had the same problem, i think i just have to get it registered, and i know its a usable battery because they looked it up on their database and it said it worked with my car. The sunroof works now though so its just the windows and alarm that isnt going off im so mad i just spent $200 on a battery and now this lol bmw life isnt easy
Old 05-15-2013 | 09:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i've heard of power windows and some other things quit working when the battery gets weak. maybe you just need to drive the car a bit to get a full charge.

also, if you ever try to save the memory setttings when taking out the battery, you dont want to connect a charger, but rather another battery. connecting a charger only, will send random voltage through the car. whereas a battery absorbs the irregular current. the battery acts like a capacitor.
Old 05-16-2013 | 05:21 AM
Members
Senior Members

+1 - Check if battery is fully charged.

Use a multimeter and check the battery voltage just before starting. A fully charged battery should be 12.2-12.5V.

Did you look for blown fuses?

If fuses are good you can try disconnecting the negative battery cable and insulating it. Then remove the positive battery cable. Then touch the two cables together (don't let them touch anything else. This discharges capacitors and allows a full reset of the computer. Then reinsulate the negative cable and wait 15 minutes. Then attach the positive cable to the battery and then the negative cable.
Old 05-16-2013 | 05:48 AM
Members

My battery is also dying/dead it's the original battery of my 06 525xi (stamped 45/05 on the negative terminal). I was wondering if I should go get an OEM one, hopefully will last me as long, or should I get one from AutoZone? and why?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013 | 06:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

Autozone battery would be just find 95r dlg is the same size as oem. Why autoone? Why not? It's cheaper, hassle free nationwide warranty, and just as good. Most batteries are made from the same manufacturer anyways.

H8dlg could also be used but its a little smaller than oem but cranking amps is more than oem
Old 05-16-2013 | 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: '06 530i N52

Even though they say it works for your car, it probably doesn't. Who do you think works at AutoZone? A BMW Master Mechanic? I actually get my batteries from Kragen and the one they said works, did not even fit. We had to dig around and find one that fit and it worked without registration or anything. Changing the battery can cause oddities until the computer resets sometimes over a few days.

Quick Reply: Help!! Plzz battery install problem