E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help please with CPO Warranty/ I drive failure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need help with understanding what is actually covered on my CPO'd 535xi. I have an issue right now where my idrive screen and all audio will just turn off. I get a SOS with a line through it on my console. So the way I see it is my Idrive has failed. My question is, is the Idrive covered? I know it says radio/dvd/nav etc is not covered, but what other electronics are covered under the "Electronics"? BMW in Bellevue WA says there is an issue with the CCC. Communications computer or something close to that. They said it isn't covered. I bitched and paid $500 for a reprogramming and investigation of the problem. Then that didn't fix it. So I bitched more and they are covering the new CCC. It really has me thinking though is this CPO warranty a scam? I mean the major reason for buying it is to cover high dollar items and electronics are the things most certain to fail. What is your opinion?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rastamonsta
I need help with understanding what is actually covered on my CPO'd 535xi. I have an issue right now where my idrive screen and all audio will just turn off. I get a SOS with a line through it on my console. So the way I see it is my Idrive has failed. My question is, is the Idrive covered? I know it says radio/dvd/nav etc is not covered, but what other electronics are covered under the "Electronics"? BMW in Bellevue WA says there is an issue with the CCC. Communications computer or something close to that. They said it isn't covered. I bitched and paid $500 for a reprogramming and investigation of the problem. Then that didn't fix it. So I bitched more and they are covering the new CCC. It really has me thinking though is this CPO warranty a scam? I mean the major reason for buying it is to cover high dollar items and electronics are the things most certain to fail. What is your opinion?

Thanks
its not a scam its not just well defined and leaves a lot of gray area so if you can argue in your favor then you can get most things covered but if you are a push over then good luck