E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some dealers don't have their own body shops. Whichever shop you bring it to, request to see that they are certified for your specific car...there should be certificates posted indicating this. Any body shop can match and buy the paint...but not any body shop is qualified to work on your specific car. There is also a national rating for body shops...I do not recall the name of this rating system.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='466115' date='Sep 5 2007, 01:04 PM
hey guys My car was involved in a hit and run in front of my house. My car was parked when i woke up it was messed up pretty bad.

Do you guys know of any shops in the riverside area, or IE where I can take it. Or should I take it to the dealership. Insurance will pay for it. I just dont know who will do a good job because the sensors are messed up I pretty much have to replace my panels from the front to the back on the driver side, and also the front and rear bumpers.

also I was wondering when I take it in is it possible to get an M kit or something else instead of the stock e60 kit...

either way i am so pissed about this. ... the car looks horrible. there is a huge gash, I almost feel like crying..its sad to be honest.
please ...anyhelp would b great guys...
thanks
i live near you, and i think that you should take it to the dealership if the insurance company is paying for it.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

My son recently went to Beverly Hills BMW twice for substantial body damage on 330 and was quite happy both times. He was hit twice by idiotic LA drivers, once while stopped for a light and once when his car was parked along the street.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about the hit-n-run. good luck with getting the repairs and if you are able to get an m-tech kit instead.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

If you are willing to do the drive I went to JOCSON AUTOBODY in SAN DIEGO. They have a few cars that were on the cover of magazines. They did my M_TECH BODY KIT and it came out great. They excepted any insurrance and they can work with you on the M-tech.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

http://www.bimrs.org/ or ask your local bmwcca chapter for a referral