E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys My car was involved in a hit and run in front of my house. My car was parked when i woke up it was messed up pretty bad.

Do you guys know of any shops in the riverside area, or IE where I can take it. Or should I take it to the dealership. Insurance will pay for it. I just dont know who will do a good job because the sensors are messed up I pretty much have to replace my panels from the front to the back on the driver side, and also the front and rear bumpers.

also I was wondering when I take it in is it possible to get an M kit or something else instead of the stock e60 kit...

either way i am so pissed about this. ... the car looks horrible. there is a huge gash, I almost feel like crying..its sad to be honest.

please ...anyhelp would b great guys...

thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='466115' date='Sep 5 2007, 11:04 AM
hey guys My car was involved in a hit and run in front of my house. My car was parked when i woke up it was messed up pretty bad.

Do you guys know of any shops in the riverside area, or IE where I can take it. Or should I take it to the dealership. Insurance will pay for it. I just dont know who will do a good job because the sensors are messed up I pretty much have to replace my panels from the front to the back on the driver side, and also the front and rear bumpers.

also I was wondering when I take it in is it possible to get an M kit or something else instead of the stock e60 kit...

either way i am so pissed about this. ... the car looks horrible. there is a huge gash, I almost feel like crying..its sad to be honest.
please ...anyhelp would b great guys...
thanks
Sir:

BMW dealerships are the only autobody shops that have the exact paint formulas ( not a computer match ) I believe ( don't quote me on this ) that they get the base paint from Germany, so it's the best possible match. If you have OEM insurance, they will give you new BMW parts, not aftermarket fenders etc. Good luck . I'd go down and talk to the BMW body shop. It would even be worth it to kick in a few bucks...otherwise you'll not be happy with the job at the local autobody shop

Chromedome
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Riverdale, Where??????. Can't help if we don't know where you reside.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Members

Sorry guys Riverside or Inland Empire, California.

Or anywhere near there. Oris there a number to call so i can find BMW authorized repair shops.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Take it to your local BMW dealer. If insurance are paying, then why bother looking for anything else? I wouldn't trust my car anywhere but the genuine BMW bodyshop in terms of genuine parts, paint match and warranty.

Bad news though, I hope the guy who hit your car did twice as much damage to his and broke a few bones. I know it's probably painful but how about some pictures of the damage so we can share your pain!

And yes, it's probable that you could get the M parts rather than standard if you pay the difference - but you would need to inform your insurance company about the bodykit, and they might then get suspicious...!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I forget what it was called exactly... but But somthing like Irvine Spectrum Collision Repair or somthing with those words... They do all the work for most of the OC dealers. and if you want to travel up to Long Beach they have their own in house body shop and paint booth. I got my M-Tech kit from them and had it painted and isntalled there. Perfect paint match.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='466135' date='Sep 5 2007, 07:55 PM
Take it to your local BMW dealer. If insurance are paying, then why bother looking for anything else? I wouldn't trust my car anywhere but the genuine BMW bodyshop in terms of genuine parts, paint match and warranty.
+1 on that...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Yeah there are plenty of places in SoCal that will do a good job, especially if insurance is paying for it. You'll need to deal with the body shop owner if you want to do an M-Kit swap, but I don't think it will be much of an issue.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Lord Monkey' post='466178' date='Sep 5 2007, 03:10 PM
+1 on that...
There seems to be bit of a difference between UK and US dealers here. In the US, very few dealers actually have their own body shops, though based on comments from our European friends it is clearly more common in their neck of the woods. Weszaid is here in the US, so check out the folks EBMCS03 recommended or talk to your dealer and see who they recommend. Since most US dealer don't have internal body shops, they usually have one that is BMW trained and approved for repairs that they send people too.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='466124' date='Sep 5 2007, 02:27 PM
Sir:

BMW dealerships are the only autobody shops that have the exact paint formulas ( not a computer match ) I believe ( don't quote me on this ) that they get the base paint from Germany, so it's the best possible match. If you have OEM insurance, they will give you new BMW parts, not aftermarket fenders etc. Good luck . I'd go down and talk to the BMW body shop. It would even be worth it to kick in a few bucks...otherwise you'll not be happy with the job at the local autobody shop
Chromedome
Your statement is utter nonsense. Many "outside" body shops can match the paint codes perfectly.