E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help me choose options & interior wood trim for New 06 530

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Members

Location: Central California. Plenty of sunshine. Hot in Summer, but NO humidity. :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In the process of buying the right 2006 530i

All you have been great. You helped me decide on interior and exterior color, now I need help with options and wood trim. The color combination I am going with is Silver Grey Metallic Exterior and Black Dakota Leather Interior, which I think looks more Dark Grey than Black.

So, now I need to decide what wood trim goes best with this combination. Please share your opinions, it really does help me to decide.

Also, I need to select the options for my car. I need automatic for sure, I do a lot of city driving. I welcome all suggestions and opinions. It really helps to make a sound decision. Here is what I have right now:
Automatic
Sport Package
Premium Package
Rear Seat Fold Down
Navigation
Rear Seat Airbags (I am on the fence on this one, not sure about them, I wish I had side crash data)
Sirius Satellite Radio (On the fence. I want to hook up my Ipod, so I am not sure of the need for Sirius)

So to recap, I need your good help again. What interior wood trim to go with the Grey Silver Metallic Exterior and Black Dakota Leather Interior? And, what options should I add or delete? All opinions welcome.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='207093' date='Dec 4 2005, 04:43 PM
All you have been great. You helped me decide on interior and exterior color, now I need help with options and wood trim. The color combination I am going with is Silver Grey Metallic Exterior and Black Dakota Leather Interior, which I think looks more Dark Grey than Black.

So, now I need to decide what wood trim goes best with this combination. Please share your opinions, it really does help me to decide.

Also, I need to select the options for my car. I need automatic for sure, I do a lot of city driving. I welcome all suggestions and opinions. It really helps to make a sound decision. Here is what I have right now:
Automatic
Sport Package Definitely
Premium Package Definitely
Rear Seat Fold Down Why not?
Navigation Definitely
Rear Seat Airbags (I am on the fence on this one, not sure about them, I wish I had side crash data) Why not?
Sirius Satellite Radio (On the fence. I want to hook up my Ipod, so I am not sure of the need for Sirius) Definitely

Add premium sound/Logic 7/6 CD changer and comfort seat.

So to recap, I need your good help again. What interior wood trim to go with the Grey Silver Metallic Exterior and Black Dakota Leather Interior? And, what options should I add or delete? All opinions welcome.

I like silver gray/gray and anthracite maple wood.

Thank you. You are welcome.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM
SKK
Senior Members

I am not familiar with the US pack options so I cant comment on your choices.

However if its wood you want, light or dark poplar looks great against black. I don't have it but that was a mistake. My car came as std with this Alu Cube stuff which looked nice but if I could go back I probably would have gone with one of the poplars. Pic of my interior below (not a great pic though - a touch blurry).

In Europe the M Sport option is a popular choice as it gives you a heck of a lot for your money. I dont think you have it as an option in the US but depending on cost you should consider getting the M Sport body kit. It looks great and makes the car really stand out and look very sporty.

Help me choose options & interior wood trim for New 06 530-bmw4a.jpg
Old 12-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

options depend on budget.
most buyers on this site do not seem to have one, but becareful - you can add 15K inoptions.
Premium pkg - can get just leather if you do not need the homelink
Cold weather - depends where you live and iff you need a warm butt
Logic 7 - I went to the dealer and listened to both really loud - could not tell a difference - but I am not an audiophile
from reading the site - if you get the "i" with no x you have to get the sport pkg and the nifty steering
Nav - no idea - I did not get becasue of no need - but my first trip in my car is going to be somewehere I do not know where I am going (isn't that always the way) but for 1800 I can read a map.
I have 2 firends with e60's and the said they both live with the sirrius radio -

i guess the question cames back to budget - if you have one - if you don't get everything
if you do my order would be:

sport with active steering
premium
cold
nav
sirrius
and on and on

it is really fun building someone elses car

btw - green is a great color
I'm stillnot much help am I?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Do you have kids? If so, then don't get the rear seat airbags.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Black and light or dark wood looks great IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails Help me choose options & interior wood trim for New 06 530-2005_0330image0004__small_.jpg  
Old 12-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

I also have silver grey and chose the anthracite wood - I like it because it blends in very well with the black leather and does not distract like the poplar choices.

I would recommend the Logic 7 strongly and think the cold weather package is useful as I am using it now in Arizona and it has the added benefit of a thicker steering wheel.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

The light poplar looks great with black. So does the aluminum. Look up Osama Arafat's car with black interior and aluminum. It looks awesome.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:37 PM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by markt540i' post='207147' date='Dec 4 2005, 11:31 PM
The light poplar looks great with black. So does the aluminum. Look up Osama Arafat's car with black interior and aluminum. It looks awesome.
That makes me feel better. I have the same Aluminium interior - at least somebody likes it !
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by SKK' post='207152
That makes me feel better. I have the same Aluminium interior - at least somebody likes it !
[/quote]

You mean others don't???

Quick Reply: Help me choose options & interior wood trim for New 06 530