E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with the key fob

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

OK... Here we go
i just purchased a 2004 530i with the idrive screen. not nav. i was only given 1 key and NO owners manual for the vehicle. I found a PDF version of the manual and figured out how to work the memory seats and some other limited things i didnt know about the car like the extended arm rest. tonight while locking my car, i realized that i dont always get the confimation chirp. i was wondering why that was. i started playing with the key and just kinda pressing buttons on and off, pressing and holding, pressing in different sequences ...etc...
i realized that if i press and hold down the unlock button, the windows roll down and the sun roof opens. so i thought....hey if it goes down when i hit unlock...it must go up when i hold lock. well nothing. i fiddled with it for a minute and gave up. i realized that sometimes when i lock the car, the red led blinks fast for a few seconds, then starts blinking slow. if i just lock it normally, it just starts blinking slow. sometimes when i hit it a certain way, the led stays on for like 5 seconds then starts blinking. i also noticed that while locked, i can hit the lock button and turn on the interior lights, and hit it again and they go out. since i was just screwing around with it, i dont really know any solid sequences for rolling the windows down, locking the doors and setting alarm/not setting alarm... or whatever the diffent led functions mean, under what circumstances the audible confirmation beeps while locking, controlling interior lighting from remote. ive done a bit of research and was wondering if someone has a full list of everything you can do with the key fob???? if you have any info please please please help. thanks alot and more questions to come.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

the windows should close when you hold the lock button, press lock once to lock and activate the alarm, mine makes no sound but turn lights flash once for on and once for off plus red light slow flashes, if you go into vehicle settings in I menu, you can change the visual settings for alarm activation, should have three buttons if its like mine, "up arrow" for unlock, bmw emblem for unlock and a button with a picture of the boot (trunk in the US) for opening the boot lid, theres a hidden button under the boot (trunk) lip for opening the boot lid, the mirrors swing open auto after 25mph.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

holding the lock button to close the windows does not work on North American cars only the European ones. :thumbsdown:

there are no sequences with the fob. the buttons all have a function. Fiind a pdf of the manual online and read about the various alarm modes. I think you are disengaging the motion sensor....

Don't hold the trunk open button for more than....I mean hold the trunk open button for 3 seconds...It's cool!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Members

im kind of nervous about holding the trunk button for 3 seconds now. whats it do?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Members

and someone please tell me about my "eye brow" lights. i see there are LEDs in the sides of the headlights right behind the eyebrow but no matter what i turn on...IE running lights, full headlights, foglights, highbeams, the eyebrows dont turn on. can someone explain whether or not they were only installed on upper end e60s or something. im thinking maybe the lenses have the eyebrows there but no bulbs were ever installed in there. unless they are both out and im just goin crazy. help
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='841315' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:25 AM
holding the lock button to close the windows does not work on North American cars only the European ones. :thumbsdown:

there are no sequences with the fob. the buttons all have a function. Fiind a pdf of the manual online and read about the various alarm modes. I think you are disengaging the motion sensor....

Don't hold the trunk open button for more than....I mean hold the trunk open button for 3 seconds...It's cool!
seams the panic alarms is US only as i have tried that , theres a progman update which adress `s the eye brow problem if i am not mistaken, they should light up when you have your lights on
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Members

so im going to have to go to the dealership to get a reflash or update to fix the eyebrows not lighting up? is there any other threads that address this problem. im searching right now also. thanks.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

I didn't know that your windows roll down when you hold the unlock button and I have an owners manual... Learn something new everyday...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='841364' date='Apr 9 2009, 05:01 AM
I didn't know that your windows roll down when you hold the unlock button and I have an owners manual... Learn something new everyday...
hehe yeah its quite funky but kinda useless, makes ppl go oooooo! though
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Members

i guess thats what happens to a VW owner that got ahold of an E60 and start pressing buttons. my second night i figured it out.

Quick Reply: Help with the key fob