E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! I'm not sure now what color to get!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I was hellbent to get mystic blue with auburn interior on my 550i ED as I figured with the M aero kit and sport package that it would look almost like an M5. Went to the dealer today to see if I could look at a mystic blue vehicle in person and all they had were the new 3-series. I don't like the new 3-series that much, and with that car it really didn't look good. There was an M5 in the showroom in silver grey, and it looked fantastic, but I'm shying away from that color although I like it only because 1) all our cars are either silver or grey in the garage, 2) it's common, and 3) it may NOT be available with the auburn interior.

I've seen the photos here of the mystic blue, and I thought I'd just love it to death, but on the 3-series it looks rather chinsy.

HELP ME!
Old 12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by teutonictrio' post='207605' date='Dec 5 2005, 07:38 PM
well, I was hellbent to get mystic blue with auburn interior on my 550i ED as I figured with the M aero kit and sport package that it would look almost like an M5. Went to the dealer today to see if I could look at a mystic blue vehicle in person and all they had were the new 3-series. I don't like the new 3-series that much, and with that car it really didn't look good. There was an M5 in the showroom in silver grey, and it looked fantastic, but I'm shying away from that color although I like it only because 1) all our cars are either silver or grey in the garage, 2) it's common, and 3) it may NOT be available with the auburn interior.

I've seen the photos here of the mystic blue, and I thought I'd just love it to death, but on the 3-series it looks rather chinsy.

HELP ME!
First, I wouldn't try to make my car look like something it isn't, but that's a different story. To each his or her own.

Check out the mystic blue and silver gray photos in the members' gallery albums. Also, if you go to the Phoenix Auto Show thread in the "The Competition" discussion, there are some photos of a mystic blue M5. I think the color is super--even though photoshopping to deal with under exposure may have exaggerated the color some. I have two links to my silver gray albums in my sig.

I love the mystic blue, but would not be likely to get it because it probably would be as hard to keep clean and unscratched as black. I have asked about members' experiences in this regard several times, and they either did not reply, or I missed their replies. Maybe some will indicate what their mystic blue maintenance experiences have been. I personally can attest that black is a nightmare even in Phoenix.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Members

Understood - I'm not trying to make it look like an M5 (never considered debadging or adding extra exhaust pipes...) just that I like the agressiveness of the M5 look on the E60 and think that mystic blue goes really well with such an agressive look, whereas on a wimpy car it does not.

The other issue now is interior - if I get auburn, I have the choice of poplar (which apparenlty is far different in color and actually clashes with the auburn) or titanium (which probably makes an already stark interior look even more so). Ugh.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Delivery 11/30/05: 2006 - 550i 6-speed, Monaco Blue, Auburn, Antracite headliner, M aero, sport, nav, HUD, cold weather, sun shades, folding seat, rearseat heat and air bags, Logic 7, Serius, SR-7 Detector, M wheels Previous Ride - 2002 540 6-speed, sport, turning in with 114,000 wonderful miles

Have you seen the Auburn interior with the Popular dash? I just took delivery of a Monaco Blue with Auburn, Popular wood and anthracite headliner and the M aero kit. I am very biased, but I think the interior looks dinamite together. I was a little sceptical of this combination, until I took delivery. I've had people coment on how mush they like the interior, comparing it Lexus show cars. (this comment was from my sister in law who models at auto shows and drives an xj8). If you get this interior, definately order the antracite headliner, it makes the interior complete.

I love the Monaco blue, but so far it has snowed almost everyday since delivery, and it does look dirty. The few time when it has been clean, "WOW". I'm sure the Mystic blue would look similar.

If I can get my digital camera working again, I'll post some photos.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiStateBMRfan' post='207657' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:00 PM
I just took delivery of a Monaco Blue with Auburn, Popular wood and anthracite headliner and the M aero kit. ..... If I can get my digital camera working again, I'll post some photos.
Hey Spartan Fan - That sounds like an amazing color combo for your 550. We need to see some pics, interior and exterior, please. And how's the driving experience so far?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by teutonictrio' post='207619' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:04 PM
Understood - I'm not trying to make it look like an M5 (never considered debadging or adding extra exhaust pipes...) just that I like the agressiveness of the M5 look on the E60 and think that mystic blue goes really well with such an agressive look, whereas on a wimpy car it does not.

The other issue now is interior - if I get auburn, I have the choice of poplar (which apparenlty is far different in color and actually clashes with the auburn) or titanium (which probably makes an already stark interior look even more so). Ugh.
I see. Can you get maple? I would think that maple would go well with auburn. How about the red (can't remember its name)? I would think that red and auburn would go well together. Then, what interior trim could you get? Could you get maple? Apparently, I don't know what limits your choices on the interior trim with mystic blue or red. No maple with mystic blue?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by teutonictrio' post='207605' date='Dec 5 2005, 07:38 PM

HELP ME!
Hi teutonictrio, Mystic Blue is a beautiful color . You are right, it does not look as good on the 3 series It looks much much better on the e60. I used to see it on the 3 series all the time and didn't care for it. I ordered my car from California without seeing the color on the road only in pics. I was very nervous cause I knew that there is no way back coming from across the country...It turned out great! The color is unique and I don't regret it at all. however, it requires a lot of cleaning. I have to wash the baby at least once a week otherwise it does not look as great. The color changes depends on the time of the day and weather...always beautiful!
Go for it...you'll love it!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='207676

HELP ME!
Hi teutonictrio, Mystic Blue is a beautiful color . You are right, it does not look as good on the 3 series It looks much much better on the e60. I used to see it on the 3 series all the time and didn't care for it. I ordered my car from California without seeing the color on the road only in pics. I was very nervous cause I knew that there is no way back coming from across the country...It turned out great! The color is unique and I don't regret it at all. however, it requires a lot of cleaning. I have to wash the baby at least once a week otherwise it does not look as great. The color changes depends on the time of the day and weather...always beautiful!
Go for it...you'll love it!
[/quote]

By 'SC' in your location, do you mean South Carolina, or Southern California? If the latter, perhaps I could take a look at yours. Did you get auburn interior also?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

By 'SC' in your location, do you mean South Carolina, or Southern California? If the latter, perhaps I could take a look at yours. Did you get auburn interior also?
[/quote]

South Carolina it is (CA? I wish )...My car traveled for a long time. I went with the tan---actually, I like the contrast I will post pictures soon...every time I plan on taking pictures after it's washed, it gets really dark out I guess it takes me alooooonnnng time to wash it maybe I'll start at 5:00am
Old 12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

I have a dumb question. What exactly are the visible differences on an M5 compared to a 550i?? Other then exhaust and M5 badging is there really all that much? I was under the impression it was the same exact body?

Quick Reply: HELP!! I'm not sure now what color to get!