E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help Help Help the Dream is becoming a nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 05:12 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d SE 2004
Default all in good faith

Originally Posted by McPikie
Assuming the "family member" didn't have any of these issues before palming it off on you?

my family member who is like a brother to me certainly didn’t palm it off , he had it for 4-5 years never had issues apart from the usual like any vehicle!

he has offered to pay half the repairs as he mortified i have experienced these issues from him starting car after being dormant for couple of weeks charging the flat battery delivery to my address and disconnecting the battery !!

Old 03-08-2022, 05:15 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d SE 2004
Default didn’t tag reply apologies

Originally Posted by DenMaggs
after the fuses blowing I was told that the fuel pump control unit is the source of problem so ordered and fitted ,

car started and drove for 24hrs
no issues, until i was driving home when a notification regarding the engine temperature had maxed and stopped car , wouldn’t start , eventually starting and crawling back home (was 2 mins away from home when engine cut out)

another friend with a code fault reader said the lambard sensor had failed and needed replacing, so ordered one decided the friend who fitted other parts had limited knowledge so decided best to get it all sorted by experienced professional’s who know BMW’s ,

so they had it a week and determined that the fuel pump sender part had failed so they advised new one rather than a £50 one off ebay !
they also did MOT which passed few advisory point to get sorted - the occupancy sensor !!! and some pipes ,
so pick up friday , no issues , went out for drive with friend and upon merging onto motorway car went into limp mode again , 2500 revs max 40mph (this motorway is a high bridge over manchester ship canal also) exits next junction , smoke started , people indicating I was on fire ! got out car smoke pouring out everywhere!
the DPF unit was glowing red !!! smoking like a American BBQ on 4th July!

so DPF blocked (unsure how missed in MOT emissions test ! )

but got the Fuel additive for diesels and unlocking it , possibly!

next day (sunday) took for drive on extremely easy road straight and calm not much traffic !!!

jesus the smoke !!! halted the traffic both sides and fire services nearby swoop into action again think on fire ! check over good to go ,

after the smoke clears ,

monday now get a oil pressure problem and drive carefully and immediately after a transmission alert again stop driving and sort it !

so i turn off car go do some shopping go back to car few hours later ! starts first time no limp mode , no oil or transmission notification,

but the engine warning light is now on ??

m thinking having this DPF thing removed and remapped for less hassle more BHP and fuel consumption

tuesday ! car still running fine with no notification no smoke no fire

fingers crossed

thanks again for posting apologies in delay family emergency abroad
Originally Posted by gman6262
Did replacing the fuel pump solve the yellow fuse blowing? Is the fuel pump running? You should be able to hear it - remove the rear seat cushion to access the fuel pump cover.

did not tag a reply to you