5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   HELP with front turn signal (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/help-front-turn-signal-115076/)

aretardedorange 07-09-2011 09:36 AM

I was replacing my front turn signals today with white LED. The left side I forced the new bulb in and now its stuck. The right side is perfectly fine and it worked great. I CANT GET THE other turn signal out though. Its stuck. I am moving the "slider" out and but its stuck and I have the headlight partially off.

ANY TIPS?

aretardedorange 07-09-2011 10:34 AM

I got the holder out but the bulb fell inside. Any tips on how to get that out? LOL

Anzafin 07-09-2011 10:36 AM

Remove the headlight and shake it out.

- Antti -

1BadDuc 07-09-2011 11:00 AM

Slap the vacuum hose to hole...try to suck it out lol

luigi524td 07-09-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadDuc (Post 1360569)
Slap the vacuum hose to hole...try to suck it out lol

Yup - tape a piece of smaller hose [like a piece of heater or vacuum hose] to the larger hose of a shop-vac and fish around until you can get the bulb sucked up. IF you want to avoid having the bulb totally sucked into the shop vac use a small piece of women's panythose (it will act like a filter) over the end of the vacuum's hose.

nomis_nehc 07-09-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Anzafin (Post 1360567)
Remove the headlight and shake it out.

- Antti -

This. Should try the obvious thing first.

aretardedorange 07-09-2011 12:56 PM

Well it wouldnt come out. I guess I have to remove the headlight and I am going out of town tonight (Coming back tomorrow) taking the E60 LOL. Who needs front turn signals anyway :P. But in all seriousness our cars have sidemarkers and they are blinking twice as fast so not much of a problem.

I am pretty sure the original bulb holder is messed up because its still getting stuck I tried with the old bulb. The old bulb blinks but its loose so it stops after a while. I tried again and it did not blink at all. So I might need a new one of that. The problem is the new LED bulb is kind of big so its hard for it to get out of the small little hole which it fell in. After I remove the headlight its going to be easy to "dance" with it and it should fall right out LOL.

I might just visit John at his shop and have him install my angles and get that annoying bulb out. Either way lol I hope it gets resolved soon.

healthservices 07-09-2011 01:10 PM

You know, it takes less than 5 minutes to remove the headlight assembly right?

aretardedorange 07-09-2011 01:20 PM

DIY I read said I had to remove screws under the bumper pull bumper half way out then pull headlight. :S

nomis_nehc 07-09-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by aretardedorange (Post 1360584)
DIY I read said I had to remove screws under the bumper pull bumper half way out then pull headlight. :S

This is wrong. And yes, it literally takes 5 minutes to get it out.

And I would highly recommend fixing the turn signal first before you take it on a trip. Defective turn signal can get you a ticket (if your local enforcement cares).