E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! ETA T-minus 2 weeks(ish)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do I do now? I'm bordering on insanity, I just want, no, NEED it now, right now!!!!!

Somebody give me some tips on staying sane!!!!

But, knowing my luck, there'll be some kind of delay anyway....

Ian.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520D SE - 177bhp, Black Fusion Leather, Style 244 Wheels, Automatic, Jet Black, Black High Gloss Interior, Sports Steering Wheel, Lumbar Support - Delivery Date 21st March!

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='527658' date='Feb 5 2008, 10:57 PM
What do I do now? I'm bordering on insanity, I just want, no, NEED it now, right now!!!!!

Somebody give me some tips on staying sane!!!!

But, knowing my luck, there'll be some kind of delay anyway....

Ian.
Hi Ian,

I know what you mean!

At least you are getting yours in a couple of weeks.... Mine is not due till the 21st of March and been on order since near the beginning of December. Bizarre the car that I have ordered is exactly the same options down to the trim except mine is black instead of white. A bit envious as I saw a white one last week that looked great.

Sorry I can't help but let me know if you find something to keep you sane!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by milehighskyblue' post='527668' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Ian,

I know what you mean!

At least you are getting yours in a couple of weeks.... Mine is not due till the 21st of March and been on order since near the beginning of December. Bizarre the car that I have ordered is exactly the same options down to the trim except mine is black instead of white. A bit envious as I saw a white one last week that looked great.

I still haven't seen one in the flesh! Weird about the options, maybe we work for the same company?! Large East Coast US based IT firm...... Who are useless at telephone support on certain recent Sundays when something about Patriots are involved?!!

Well, to put your mind at ease, at least yours will be an 08 plate. Unless mine slips... Looking forward to swapping pics!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520D SE - 177bhp, Black Fusion Leather, Style 244 Wheels, Automatic, Jet Black, Black High Gloss Interior, Sports Steering Wheel, Lumbar Support - Delivery Date 21st March!

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='527669' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:19 PM
I still haven't seen one in the flesh! Weird about the options, maybe we work for the same company?! Large East Coast US based IT firm...... Who are useless at telephone support on certain recent Sundays when something about Patriots are involved?!!

Well, to put your mind at ease, at least yours will be an 08 plate. Unless mine slips... Looking forward to swapping pics!

No Different companies me thinks although still US. Think the only difference is that mine is an Auto but still 520d.

Much prefer the look of the new auto gear stick compared to the old engined 520d, will be the first auto I get as I am fed up of stop starts on M1 and stupid traffic that we have to put up with.

I would say this but good choice on your soon to be new car and the tax break. Seems rediculous that I can switch from a 2.0T A3 to a 520d with plenty of kit and save myself ?40 per month in my pay packet?! Well done to BMW for only 149g/CO2 on a 177bhp Auto Exec car meaning an extra ?480 per year being paid directly into my beer fund

Wonder how long it will take someone to tell you that your steering wheel is on the wrong side when you post your Pics??? Looking forward to seeing them and also the black plastic - looks good when I configured the car on BMW.co.uk
Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by milehighskyblue' post='527676' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:34 PM
No Different companies me thinks although still US. Think the only difference is that mine is an Auto but still 520d.

Much prefer the look of the new auto gear stick compared to the old engined 520d, will be the first auto I get as I am fed up of stop starts on M1 and stupid traffic that we have to put up with.

I would say this but good choice on your soon to be new car and the tax break. Seems rediculous that I can switch from a 2.0T A3 to a 520d with plenty of kit and save myself ?40 per month in my pay packet?! Well done to BMW for only 149g/CO2 on a 177bhp Auto Exec car meaning an extra ?480 per year being paid directly into my beer fund

Wonder how long it will take someone to tell you that your steering wheel is on the wrong side when you post your Pics??? Looking forward to seeing them and also the black plastic - looks good when I configured the car on BMW.co.uk
139g for the manual... 18%.... People diss the bench tests for the emissions figures but I love them I'm coming out of a 3.2 A3, even more beer for me!

The wheel's on the right side of the car. Literally!

Russ, if you read, how's Halliwell Warrington? Any alternatives?

Ian.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I called the toll free number today and my car is supposed to be finished with assembly. I guess it will be about another month or so.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 AM
Members

Been told mine's now on route to the dealers. Could be anywhere then?!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by milehighskyblue' post='527668' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Ian,

I know what you mean!

Mine (Platinum Grey/Black Dakota 530d M-Sport Touring w/ Media Pack, sports 'box, USB, heated seats, blinds & some other bits) is actually in the country now and at the dealers..... I was torn between getting it now or waiting until March 1st to get it on an 08 plate - however as I will be out of the country most of the time until then I went for 1st March instead.

Still - I ordered it back in SEPTEMBER 07.....was originally scheduled for delivery on 3rd Jan, then BMW screwed up the Touring delivery dates and I had to wait another 2 months. That was frustrating...still - it's nearly here.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Members

Update!!! Dealer says it will (should) be with them on the 13th. I've said I'll go get it on the 19th to give them plenty of time to prep. Are these dates usually quite reliable at this stage?

Cheers,

Ian.