E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Door seals STILL squeaking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As most of you know there's a bunch of threads on here including one I posted a while back about squeaking door seals under normal driving. I have tried cleaning te door seals, putting rubber and vinyl conditioner on them, even putting Vaseline on them. I still have the SAME squeaking like if I hadn't done anything. I know W puts a Teflon tape on the seals to fix this problem but it must be "dealer only" because I have looked everywhere online and I can't find it. Is there another method I haven't tried or does anyone know what tape the dealer uses and where I can get it? ANY input is appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

I have the same problem and hate that noise
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jose_gerardo85
I have the same problem and hate that noise
You should try the things I have tried. Maybe they will work for you. If you still have warranty I would take it to the Dealer ASAP.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Members

Anyone? Please!!!! The noise is driving me crazy!!! Lol
Old 07-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Members

Exactly where are you applying the lubricants or tape?

It should be on the top section of the door frame...where the felt strip is....NOT where the window glass meets the door frame, but where the top part of the door meets the body of the car...
There is a felt strip there that rubs against the car body frame...that's what's making the noise...try taping this felt strip with a black tape of any sort...it worked for me.

Same thing drove me up the wall...tried absolutely everything but didn't work....but later found out I was applying it to the wrong area...
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Beemster530i
Exactly where are you applying the lubricants or tape?

It should be on the top section of the door frame...where the felt strip is....NOT where the window glass meets the door frame, but where the top part of the door meets the body of the car...
There is a felt strip there that rubs against the car body frame...that's what's making the noise...try taping this felt strip with a black tape of any sort...it worked for me.

Same thing drove me up the wall...tried absolutely everything but didn't work....but later found out I was applying it to the wrong area...
I put the lubricant or Vaseline ALL around my door. By black tape you mean electric tape? I see the felt strip. I will try that.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jsanjuan32
I put the lubricant or Vaseline ALL around my door. By black tape you mean electric tape? I see the felt strip. I will try that.
Don't use Vaseline as this will eventually dry out and harded making it even worse later on...
I just used black electric tape with a very strong adhesive on it so it won't come off as this part of the door has constant contact with water when you wash the car or if it rains...in the interim, tape all of the felt strip part on the top side of the door...should cure the noise. Then later on, get a proper clear teflon tape and tape the actual car body frame where the top part of the door (felt strip)meets. If you tape the felt strip on the top part of the door, it'll eventually come off due to contact with water..

Door seals won't be making that loud annoying noise..so no need but lubricate them anyway with silicon based car lube/grease.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Members

Did it work?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

http://www.ikvlubricants.com/downloa...es,%20BSRs.pdf
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2008

Did you call the stealer for the part # about the Teflon tape?

Quick Reply: Help! Door seals STILL squeaking.