E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP: CD Track names are not showing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Before I upgraded to the new software version I could see the names of the songs that were playing in a CD Player, now I can only see "Track #" instead. Is there anything i can do to make my i-drive show the song names again (as they are playing) or do i have to wait for the next software version and hope for the fix.

one more thing. the i-drive forgets the "name" of the cd that was playing before the car was turned off. let's say i am listening to track 3 on a CD 5 and then i turn off my car. when i turn it back on i am still listening to the track 3 on a CD 5 but the i-drive is NOT showing CD 5 BUT it is showing "CD" or "CD 3" or "CD 2" etc. anyone else noticed the same thing?
Old 05-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

Did you try the CD in your front CD player? Just double checking because only this unit supports CD-Text, the CD changer does not support it.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JohanDC' date='May 8 2004, 04:23 PM
Did you try the CD in your front CD player?? Just double checking because only this unit supports CD-Text, the CD changer does not support it.
Yes, I put it in the front CD Player and CD Changer. I had CD Text when the CD's were in the CD Changer as well. I could play CD 3 for example and I would still have CD Text (song name) the same way I would have it when playing in the front CD Player.

Now, after I updated to the version 11.1 I don't have the CD Text at all anymore!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Strange!!! I only have CD-Text when using the front CD player, when putting the same CD in the changer I will only see CDx-Tx, no CD-Text. Others have reported the same so far, your config is the only one deviating from it (that I know of). I guess in a way this is good news for me, because it means that there is still some hope for the CD changer.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JohanDC' date='May 8 2004, 06:12 PM
Strange!!! I only have CD-Text when using the front CD player, when putting the same CD in the changer I will only see CDx-Tx, no CD-Text. Others have reported the same so far, your config is the only one deviating from it (that I know of). I guess in a way this is good news for me, because it means that there is still some hope for the CD changer.
yes, i am 100% sure i had the CD text for the CDs that were in the CD changer as well as the front CD player.

I have updated software to activate voice command. now, the cd text is not working and voice command still doesn't work.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

For my E60, it didn't show up the CD TEXT even though I've burnt several CDs with different programs.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Contributors

Very strange. In my car I can only see the etxt when palying in the front CD player, not in the changer. Has been so before and after the ver. 11 software upgrade. Very strange....... Peter/Sweden
Old 05-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

Hi, my cd text works in the changer and the single slot but I've got the same problem as my1stbmw with i-drive always showing the cd changer slot as +1 from where it actually is, after the car has been restarted (I put this in the problems sticky a while back)
Old 12-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 525D

Had my car 1 day now, and cd-text is NOT showing on either single slot cd player or charger Is CD-text only available when you have NAV ? I have a TomTom GO, so didn't take the NAV.

I want my CD TEXT in my 45.000 euro car ! My wife's 15.000 euro ford focus has it.

DAMN !
Old 12-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

I dont think the car displays it. I think it is or a later software update if they will ever make it display names.

Quick Reply: HELP: CD Track names are not showing!