E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Adaptive light failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Went to the car today. after a few seconds an error message was showing stating that there was a cornering light failure. I understand that this is a problem with the adaptive lighting. I have complained in the past of water inside my headlights. I was told that the headloghts were resealed. Despite this with the least bit of rain I can see water covering the inside of both headlight lenses,rather than just slight misting. I thought I would check the fuses and found that there is no fuse card in the fuse box. I would appreciate any advice on this. Its booked into the dealers for next week, but I am sure they will want to muck about trying to reseal the headlights. Has anyone got a clue as to getting a relacemnt fuse card.

2006 530 D M Sport 18000 miles. Stl in warranty
Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 535d M Sport. Carbon Black, Black Leather, Sports Seats, Black Ash, Bluetooth, Auto Lights & Wipers, Navi Pro, Sunroof, Logic7, Anthracite Headlining, Heated Seats, Bi-Xenon�s, Twin DVD screens in the rear hooked up to a 10 disc DVD multi-changer, Clarion Wireless Headphones.

Warranty.....

Send it back and get a new headlight. My 530 (late 2003) had the same thing, ?800 later and BMW had fitted a new one, never had any problems since.

New car warranty must cover it if my Used and Approved did!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Members

Funny how you mention that my 05 is having the same problem. I have no moisture in the lamp not even an idiot lite. The passenger side lite is stuck shining off on the shoulder of the road. I can't even tell if the driver side is working either.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Members

Since its under warranty, get it replaced. Don't accept anything less.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2008 530D "M" package Exclusive line.

Originally Posted by jbsapphire' post='578120' date='May 11 2008, 11:44 AM
Since its under warranty, get it replaced. Don't accept anything less.
+1
Old 05-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Members

Each time I take it back I get the "BMW accept a certain percentage of moisture in the headlight crap. I took it into the Sales manager as the service dept was shut and he has now seen how wet it gets. Its now going back with the following

1. Headlamps fill with water
2. Adaptive light failure
3. All door rubbers dry causing doors to rattle
4. Remote seems to have lost range will only open if I am near to vehicle.

Never the less still a great car. Hopefully all will be resolved next week.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

These are pics of my headlights misting up most of the drops of water you see are on the out side but there was still a fair amount inside too. BMW gave me the same story about a certain amount of moisture is normal but after emailing these pics they booked it in and it had two new lights fitted. Although they still have a slight misting if its really damp and the lights have been on a long time. At the end of the day Hella didnt design these lights to mist up and BMW didnt ask for that in the design either so something isnt right.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kjhkent' post='578264' date='May 11 2008, 07:12 PM
BMW accept a certain percentage of moisture in the headlight crap.
Is it the word of your dealer or realy the position of BMW ? Try to have it confirmed !
Anyway, does your sales manager also accept a percentage of adaptative light failure due to this problem ?
So, at that point, the discussion with your BMW agent should be over.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Originally Posted by Etienne' post='578624' date='May 12 2008, 10:33 AM
Is it the word of your dealer or realy the position of BMW ? Try to have it confirmed !
Anyway, does your sales manager also accept a percentage of adaptative light failure due to this problem ?
So, at that point, the discussion with your BMW agent should be over.

Its the official BMW line the service manager showerd me a technical document about it stating some misting should be considered normal and also the proceedure to confirm the headlight isnt leaking.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dandle' post='578625' date='May 12 2008, 11:38 AM
Its the official BMW line the service manager showerd me a technical document about it stating some misting should be considered normal and also the proceedure to confirm the headlight isnt leaking.

Initially, Kjhkent talked about water and not traces of moisture / misting which anyhow let to resealing of the headlights.
Now water seams to be still a problem causing a failure.
As far as the car is still under waranty, I don't understand why the dealer is hesitating to proceed with a headlights change.

Quick Reply: Help Adaptive light failure