E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' post='1053333' date='Nov 12 2009, 03:41 PM
Here's the latest from the "stealer"....SA just called to say that Mercury agreed to pay for the valve cover gaskets, rear diff seals, tranny gasket and sleeve, coolant overflow bottle. Here's what pissed me off....Mercury agreed to pay them for 2 hours to diagnose.....BMW wants me to pay them 2.5 hours at $130 PH :thumbsdown: . When I first sat down with my SA she mentioned that it would cost $130 per hour and be about 4 hours to diagnose...I was under the assumption that if I decided to go ahead and do the repairs that I would have to worry about a charge to diagnose. BTW Mercury is paying them $2,650!!!! Am I getting shafted or what!!!? I just got into a big argument with her....she's gonna speak to her manager and get back to me.
Stick to your guns but try not having "big arguments' with SA. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. ;-)
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1053653' date='Nov 12 2009, 10:04 PM
Stick to your guns but try not having "big arguments' with SA. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. ;-)
believe me i was trying to be patient but she was very stubborn and kept repeating the fact that she informed me of the 130 per hour to diagnose....when our conversation started to escalate into an argument i asked to speak to her manager, she ignored my request and continued to preach to me. I then asked her NICELY to speak to her manager to credit me . She agreed to call me after speaking to him. 30 minutes later she calls back to tell me they agreed to credit me half the additional time. I again asked her to speak to her manager in a much louder tone. After talking to him for about 5 minutes he agreed to credit me fully. I was happy with the outcome. I'm still pissed off aboit the facr that it had to come down to this.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

HOLY CRAP! I think I'll be getting the Mercury policy - this is crazy that they just covered everything - very glad that you seem to be doing great with this issue.

BTW I do think that there is something VERY wrong with a 60k dollar car going THIS bad in such a small amount of miles... then again, I'm bettin' not too many Ferraris or Masers even make it to the 50k mile marker, so ... either way, good luck and please keep us updated.

PS If you have a connect to get that Mercury policy, can you PM me pls. Tks
Old 11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1053754' date='Nov 13 2009, 01:48 AM
HOLY CRAP! I think I'll be getting the Mercury policy - this is crazy that they just covered everything - very glad that you seem to be doing great with this issue.

BTW I do think that there is something VERY wrong with a 60k dollar car going THIS bad in such a small amount of miles... then again, I'm bettin' not too many Ferraris or Masers even make it to the 50k mile marker, so ... either way, good luck and please keep us updated.

PS If you have a connect to get that Mercury policy, can you PM me pls. Tks
I bought the policy through a broker I found online. The name is WarrantyDirect....They offer you a couple of different options. Just make sure to get the exclusionary policy, it offers the most coverage. Good luck