E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by pininfarina' post='987505' date='Aug 24 2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks. Oh boy, okay, I think I'll call the dealer. I really really hope there is a discrete test they can do to realize it is faulty and I don't have to go through a process of "we can't recreate it, everything seems fine" . . .

Lastly, I assume they will replace the fuel pump. From anyone who has had this done, does it take very long (e.g., assuming I can get a timely appointment, will the car be out of my hands for very long?). Thanks again for the invaluable feedback!

T.
Relax - I brought my 5er in for service for a completely unrelated issue and the techs discovered the long crank time in the process. There is a test they actually perform but in your case it seems to be a slam dunk - they will replace the HPFP under warranty.

Just schedule an appointment and let the SA know before hand what the problem is. If they have the part on hand the job should be done within a day, otherwise you'll get a loaner.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i M-Sport, Carbon Black Metallic/Natural Brown

Sweet. This is why this board rocks.

Thanks for the in-depth info on BMW of Manhattan (and all the other advice) GREAT things to know. I bought my Z4 from DiFeo BMW in Tenafly and that was a nightmare when it came to service issues.

(off topic: but the front badge on the Z4 had peeled back or whatever and needed to be replaced, I looked it up on the internet and it clearly indicated that the Z4's front badge was the only one that needed to be replaced from the underside and to NOT try and pry it out from the top. I printed this out in bold 18pt font on a piece of paper, told the SA, asked him to give the paper to the mechanics, etc. What happened? Got the car back two days late, some idiot tried to pry it off from the top, gouged the paint, had to repair and retouch paint. INCOMPETENT FOOLS).

Anyway, I will call BMW of Manhattan today. If anyone has a copy or link to the "recall" or the "service bulletin" related to the HPFP that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, all.

T.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

i know a guy (i got my wheels from him) , who had HPFP gone bad 3 times within a month. His 535i was brand new.
overall seems like 535 is a great car but these pumps are the problem. well as long as your car under warranty nothing to worry about, im sure they already figured it out and came up with a better part
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i M-Sport, Carbon Black Metallic/Natural Brown

"I HOPE FREDDY CHAN THE SERVICE PERSON I'VE BEEN ASSIGNED BY BMW OF MANHATTAN READS THIS BOARD."

I made the appt for tomorrow morning, left him a vm, channeled all of your thoughts/input and hopefully we can knock this out without multiple visits!

T.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

I would skip BMW of Manhattan, Lots of bad reviews on that dealership.
I would also skip BMW of Bayside as well.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthrea...light=manhattan

Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Members

Mine had a misfire issue too and it was the coil on cylinder 5 that had to be replaced. But your car is to new to have that problem. Take it to the dealer asap!