E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

Does anyone know of a shop in Northern Virginia that can remove the CDV (clutch delay valve)? Based on what I've read it seems to be a small but very worthwhile MOD for BMWs with manual transmission resulting in smoother shifting and faster clutch engagement. All help is appreciated.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MALEKMAN' post='285288' date='May 20 2006, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know of a shop in Northern Virginia that can remove the CDV (clutch delay valve)? Based on what I've read it seems to be a small but very worthwhile MOD for BMWs with manual transmission resulting in smoother shifting and faster clutch engagement. All help is appreciated.
You could try http://www.currysauto.com/
Old 05-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

wealth of info on
Zeckhausen website
they can get you a modified one, or on most cars, you can just leave it out.

If you are still under warranty the modified one might be the better solution, as it still will look stock, should you have a clutch related problem under warranty.wealth of info on
Old 05-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Originally Posted by MALEKMAN' post='285288' date='May 20 2006, 09:01 AM
I just had this done and it is a nice improvement... Watching the work get done, however convinced me that it would not be too hard to do by yourself, if you have a place to work and can run the car up on some ramps... Jon.