E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i
Default Help!

Problem: Car engine cranks for a second, but will not run.

Code: 2E84 (Electrical Coolant Pump, Communication).

Prior Issue(s): Two weeks ago, the car was towed on a flatbed because the starter was dead (I think).

After two weeks (yesterday), the following parts were replaced:

1. Starter
2. Crankcase-Ventilation/oil separator (oil separator, vent hose, return pipe and connecting line).
RealOEM.com BMW E60 530i Crankcase-Ventilation/oil separator

The replacement of the aforementioned parts involved disconnecting the intake manifold, throttle bottle assembly, hoses and electrical wires.

Questions:

1. Which electrical wire(s) or hose(s) could cause such a problem?

2. Can a bad water pump prevent the car engine from running? Prior to the starter problem, my car ran perfect. I did not have any SES nor water pump/over heating problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read. All help or suggestions are appreciated!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

Check the connector on the water pump to make sure it's on the pump and secure.

Check if the connector on the throttle actuator is on and snug.

Did you disconnect the connector on the oil pressure switch when you were removing the intake manifold? If so, check it is reconnected.

Crankshaft position sensor can cause no-start condition. Since the CPS is located right under the starter (on N52 engine), you may have knocked the connector to the CPS. There is no easy way to reach under there without moving the intake manifold few inches for your hand to fit in there..