E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello 5series.net!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I won't mention any name, but perhaps you should go butter up a sales manager at a dealership or something.

I recently met up with a member and learned that he got his 2010 535 for under $30k. Not going to say the exact number, but let's just say my mind was blown. Clean car, pretty damn loaded options such as HUD, lane assists, Mtech kit, etc. CPO too.

Just takes knowing the right people in this world, lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasperxli
go with trinity autosports instead of umnitza. they are located in irvine and THE best and only shop in socal i completely trust.
agree with jasper 100% do not go with umnitza do yourself a favor... joe is the man at trinity
Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I won't mention any name, but perhaps you should go butter up a sales manager at a dealership or something.

I recently met up with a member and learned that he got his 2010 535 for under $30k. Not going to say the exact number, but let's just say my mind was blown. Clean car, pretty damn loaded options such as HUD, lane assists, Mtech kit, etc. CPO too.

Just takes knowing the right people in this world, lol.
Aint that the truth...unfortunately my connections are limited to sound systems and body work for now Guess i'm going to have to start networking some more!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Gas on the 535 is fuel efficient. I get about 220-250 miles on a full tank and thats just city street driving with traffic everyday here in NYC. On highway I get about 350-400+miles. Just look around it will take a couple of months to shop around but you will find one. Don't rush.

Just think about these modifications that already come with an LCI:

- N54 engine TwinTurbo with modified jb4 chip, (n54tech.com)
- LCI projector headlights with HID Angel eyes from John@Motorcepts
- LCI tail lights
- Spectacular redefined LCI interior with steptronic gear box
- LCI iDrive

Instead of dumping $ on a Pre-Lci to make it look LCI, dump that extra cash on a LCI.

Just my advice.

Good luck on your find and welcome to the forums!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Gas on the 535 is fuel efficient. I get about 220-250 miles on a full tank and thats just city street driving with traffic everyday here in NYC. On highway I get about 350-400+miles. Just look around it will take a couple of months to shop around but you will find one. Don't rush.

Just think about these modifications that already come with an LCI:

- N54 engine TwinTurbo with modified jb4 chip, (n54tech.com)
- LCI projector headlights with HID Angel eyes from John@Motorcepts
- LCI tail lights
- Spectacular redefined LCI interior with steptronic gear box
- LCI iDrive

Instead of dumping $ on a Pre-Lci to make it look LCI, dump that extra cash on a LCI.

Just my advice.

Good luck on your find and welcome to the forums!
You're making me think again Hmm...well even if I go with a 535i it'll still be affordable if I can snatch one for around 25K out the door. Think thats realistic? For an 08 with Nav/Sport Pkg/Silver/50-60K Miles? We're talking around September/October when all the new cars come out and the old ones are sold
Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MORI3L
You're making me think again Hmm...well even if I go with a 535i it'll still be affordable if I can snatch one for around 25K out the door. Think thats realistic? For an 08 with Nav/Sport Pkg/Silver/50-60K Miles? We're talking around September/October when all the new cars come out and the old ones are sold
I purchased a 2007 530i because at the time I was concerned about gas mileage. After a while I realized the 530i although a very solid car was under powered. It's suitable, but not as quick as a 535 or the 550i.

If you decide to purchase a 530i after a while you'll start spending money on performance mods because you'll realize the car isn't that responsive which can get expensive. I would really think it through because you will save money in the long run if you buy a car that has the HP to start with. If I could go back in time I would have purchased a 535 or 550i. Just my .02.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IvoryJ
I purchased a 2007 530i because at the time I was concerned about gas mileage. After a while I realized the 530i although a very solid car was under powered. It's suitable, but not as quick as a 535 or the 550i.

If you decide to purchase a 530i after a while you'll start spending money on performance mods because you'll realize the car isn't that responsive which can get expensive. I would really think it through because you will save money in the long run if you buy a car that has the HP to start with. If I could go back in time I would have purchased a 535 or 550i. Just my .02.
The only thing I'm worried about now is reliability, that is, I'll spend the extra money on gas but I hear there's issues with that HPFP. From my perspective I feel like the 530i is a car that with the proper maintenance you can take it all the way to 200k Miles. Can anyone see the 535i in the same way? Thoughts? Keep in mind i'm going to have this thing for like 4-5 years probably and I drive 20-25K miles per year.

Also, I thought turbo'd cars were always going to be less reliable? Although this is just an assumption.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

HPFP has been recalled and fixed on all N54's. It is fully covered for 100K miles without any extra warranty purchase. Buy with confidence.

As far as what IvoryJ has stated, after a while you will be trying to spend alot more trying to modify perfomance.

I test drove a 530 before buying a 535 and there is a major difference in performance and power.

Make the right choice.

If you are still not comfortable with my advice then just go ahead with a 530 and still enjoy your e60!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
HPFP has been recalled and fixed on all N54's. It is fully covered for 100K miles without any extra warranty purchase. Buy with confidence.

As far as what IvoryJ has stated, after a while you will be trying to spend alot more trying to modify perfomance.

I test drove a 530 before buying a 535 and there is a major difference in performance and power.

Make the right choice.

If you are still not comfortable with my advice then just go ahead with a 530 and still enjoy your e60!

This definitely makes me feel a lot better. One more question, in your opinion, with proper maintenance, can you see this car hitting 200k with minor issues? I'm mainly referring to the engine seeing as it has Forced Induction(not referring to anything else like electrical or transmission issues).
Old 06-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

That's hard to say. As far as I know, there's only one E60 that has gone past 200K. Considering that E60 only came out in late 2003, it's a bit early for most to get to 200K already.

My point is, it's difficult to extrapolate at this point.