E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Heated Steering wheel is my favorite thing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Man, I can't believe the stuff I've latched onto with this car. Last week we hit freezing weather for the first time this year. That heated steering wheel is the absolute best! The wheel is hot in no time flat. Now if only the shifter weren't so cold!

The rear sunshade is great too - I drive with the sun to my back going to and from work, so it's almost always in use.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Heated Steering Wheel
Old 11-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

Agreed, I also have both these options and love them both!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

They are the best. I Concur too
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Agreed. With the temps falling in the No Va area, I am loving to give the CWP a workout.

One peeve, though. The Passenger Seat should have a sensor which turns off the seat heater if no one is sitting on the passenger seat. There is a weight sensor in the passenger seat which turns off the air bag if a child is sitting in the front passenger seat so maybe they can leverage the same sensor to turn off the heater?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='201466' date='Nov 21 2005, 11:34 AM
Agreed. With the temps falling in the No Va area, I am loving to give the CWP a workout.

One peeve, though. The Passenger Seat should have a sensor which turns off the seat heater if no one is sitting on the passenger seat. There is a weight sensor in the passenger seat which turns off the air bag if a child is sitting in the front passenger seat so maybe they can leverage the same sensor to turn off the heater?
I have two heated wheels, one in each 5? I couldn't live without them. Now if only my GMC Savana had a heated steering wheel...

Regards, Mike.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='201466' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:34 PM

The seat heater on the passenger seat is controlled by a switch. If you don't want it on when there's no passenger, then don't turn it on. I like the ability to pre-warm the seat when I know a passenger (my wife) is going to be sitting there so I would not be a fan of any automatic controls.

Now if I could get them to heat the SMG paddles...
Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='201446' date='Nov 21 2005, 08:46 AM
Man, I can't believe the stuff I've latched onto with this car. Last week we hit freezing weather for the first time this year. That heated steering wheel is the absolute best! The wheel is hot in no time flat. Now if only the shifter weren't so cold!

The rear sunshade is great too - I drive with the sun to my back going to and from work, so it's almost always in use.
Was just thinking the exact same thing this morning on the way to work!! Another benefit is that the heated wheel is thicker than the standard wheeel so it feels better in use. Mind you it's all relative - it was only 44 degrees here this morning and it felt cold, nothing like the temps that you get in other parts of the US where the heated seats/wheel are more of a necessity than a luxury....
Old 11-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

No when it's starting to get colder here in Europe I may regret that I didn't chose the heated steering wheel

*Now
Old 11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I live in California, so I don't need it heated.
I love the way heated wheel bar feels. It feels a lot sporty because it's thicker than regular wheel.

Quick Reply: Heated Steering wheel is my favorite thing...