E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Heated mirror turns blue and yellow 530i 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

I just received my new CPO from the dealer. It was in for a "check up". I have 39k miles and want to make sure I get service for all the "little" things. I had my car washed on Saturday before dropping it off at Long Beach BMW, California today. Well the SA was very nice and efficient. Although he didn't go over the results with me. He just said see the cashier. The cashier said sign here and we will mail you the invoice ticket with what was done with your car. I was aghast. Well I said I can wait for the check list and they were nice enough to get it for me before I left. Well half way down the road, I noticed my driver side mirror had a blue spot and a yellow spot on it. I tried wiping it but it didn't go away. So I went back to the SA and asked what was going on. He said that the heated mirrors had failed.

Well, I didn't even know I had heated mirrors. In LA it probably won't do me any good. However just looking at the blue and yellow spots was very annoying. He said he would order me a new mirror and call me.

This is one of my fears of dealers. Your car goes in and who knows what will come out of the visit. My 528i MY97 went to the dealer and blew up on me on the way home. I don't think I'll go back to Long Beach BMW anymore. The 40 years owners have sold the place to a company called Sonic Automotive, so there goes any customer focus. Also my car creaks like crazy now, whereas before it didn't. I had a list of things for them to check and they probably took my door apart and now the whole car creaks. Not to mention they didn't dry the car, left water all over the car to spot it up. I had to dry it myself before I left. Well I am going to try Crevier or go back to my old mechanic.