5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Headlight wash question (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/headlight-wash-question-47266/)

jotty 11-16-2007 07:42 AM

Can someone tell me if I have healight wash fitted, may sound a daft question(some may say just look) anyway I have an 05 523 M sport e60 and I cant recall the h/light washers ever working. I know it only happens when the lights are on and I can see the top plates on mu bumpers. Should I see these even if there is nothing under them. ?

^_^

dawi 11-16-2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by jotty' post='495224' date='Nov 16 2007, 04:42 PM
Can someone tell me if I have healight wash fitted, may sound a daft question(some may say just look) anyway I have an 05 523 M sport e60 and I cant recall the h/light washers ever working. I know it only happens when the lights are on and I can see the top plates on mu bumpers. Should I see these even if there is nothing under them. ?

^_^

Yes, you will see the covers but if you do not have washers these are blanks. If there are washers underneath then they are easy to see by hooking your fingernail into the gap at the top of the cover and lifting - it will be hinged and the washers will be visible. You can even then pull the washers up by hand.

If they are blanks then you will not be able to pull up the overs as they are fixed and not hinged. :)

HotLap 11-16-2007 09:23 AM

Is there an activation button/knob in the cabin?

s4iscool 11-16-2007 05:22 PM

nope, you just pull on the washer stalk on the steering wheel and hold it.

HotLap 11-17-2007 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='495430' date='Nov 16 2007, 06:22 PM
nope, you just pull on the washer stalk on the steering wheel and hold it.

So wouldn't that be the activation knob? Do the headlight washers come on when you activate the windshield washers then? :confused:

Rudy 11-17-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='495715' date='Nov 17 2007, 05:23 PM
So wouldn't that be the activation knob? Do the headlight washers come on when you activate the windshield washers then? :confused:

Yes, but the headlight washers only operate when the lights are on and then, only every ten times that the windshield is washed. Also, you can't wash the headlights more than once every 10 minutes...

HotLap 11-17-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='495717' date='Nov 17 2007, 02:35 PM
Yes, but the headlight washers only operate when the lights are on and then, only every ten times that the windshield is washed. Also, you can't wash the headlights more than once every 10 minutes...

Cool...thanks Rudy for the enlightenment!! Going to be a "pro" with this car from day 1!! These cars are complex...no doubt and I can't wait to get mine dialed in and into memory so it's ready to roll for me every time!! :thumbsup:

dalangi 05-20-2009 10:46 PM

hey Rudy
I noticed today when i came to use my washers that the nozzle on the right passenger side is missing its head piece and shoots water at the car in front of me instead of my hood or aka headlight!! Also when i used it, it shot off the cover and lever is no where to be found. My question is, do you know how easy or hard it is to replace this myself? Or does the bumper need to be taken off? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Angela

BLooD 05-20-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by dalangi' post='885312' date='May 21 2009, 07:46 AM
hey Rudy
I noticed today when i came to use my washers that the nozzle on the right passenger side is missing its head piece and shoots water at the car in front of me instead of my hood or aka headlight!! Also when i used it, it shot off the cover and lever is no where to be found. My question is, do you know how easy or hard it is to replace this myself? Or does the bumper need to be taken off? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Angela

its a hard job im afraid, i have retro fitted headlight washers to my car, the bumber trim has to come off to do it properly,
it`s not for the feint of heart :o unless you like dismanterling your car :(

Rudy 05-21-2009 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dalangi' post='885312' date='May 21 2009, 02:46 AM
hey Rudy

Thanks

Angela

I'm not too familiar with the process but I believe BLooD is correct that the bumper cover needs to come off. The following document from TIS confirms this:
Attachment 79967